Flow Deck issues

Firmware/software/electronics/mechanics
islamoc
Beginner

Re: Flow Deck issues

Post by islamoc »

There is no zrange plotter in the select box

in the main tab the height now is changing after I uninstalled and installed the client but there is no zrange there is only the baro value which is not stable at all
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

To view the zranger value you need to create a new log block with the range.zrange value in "Settings->Logging configurations" while you are connected to a CF2. Wasn't sure you knew about this. For some logging documentation have look here and here.
islamoc
Beginner

Post by islamoc »

Hello this is the screenshot
but still the flowsequence script not working and to be honest that is what I need and not the client I still get the same error every time i launch the script and the crazyflie starting to go in random directions

tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

From the information I have it is hard to tell were the error is. That it flies in random directions can be so many things such as assembly problem, sensor error, firmware etc.
If you remove the flow deck can you fly it manually or does it crash directly? One simple test could be to use the mobile client and just do a short thrust up to see that the CF2 takes off straight up.
Another thing, how does the surface look underneath the CF2. If it is glossy, very dark or not so feature rich the flow sensor might not be able to track correctly.
islamoc
Beginner

Post by islamoc »

Okay after a couple of tests now it is working still one problem
when i hover with the crazyflie for a long time that error get back again

Code: Select all

MPU6500: Self test gyro X [FAIL]. low: -14.0, high: 14.0, measured: -16.78
MPU6500: Self test acc X [FAIL]. low: -14.0, high: 14.0, measured: -18.01
the crazyflie still hover normally but the red led is on and not blinking what might cause this error ?
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

the crazyflie still hover normally but the red led is on and not blinking what might cause this error ?
When does this error happen. It is the startup sensor self test and this can happen if the CF2 is not put on a stable surface quickly enough.
islamoc
Beginner

Post by islamoc »

it happens while on autonomous flight for example when I hover for a long time it happens sometimes and sometimes it does not
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

What puzzles me is that the self test is executed during startup which means the CF2 must have hit a reset (watchdog timeout). Is that what happened?
islamoc
Beginner

Post by islamoc »

Yes the RED led stay on and if I did task dump the crazyflie is reset and the error appears or if I did reset it manual the error appears to