Each lipo battery have its life, when it use very often, its life and capacity will get small, and lipo batteries get more and more expensive. it is very important to know How to maintain your lipo batteries. When your drone lipo batteries are not in use during the winter, you should storage them in a good way, here are some tips about How to storage your LiPo Battery?
1. You should always store your battery at 3.8V per cell (40% to 50% charge). This is why whenever you receive a battery, it will only be half charged. If you are flying on a regular basis (every few days) then this is less important as it will not have any noticeable effect if left fully charged for a few days, but if storing for a week or more you should ensure it is at around 50% charge.
2. Always store your batteries in a fireproof location. You can always use a Lipo Safe back which is made from fire resistant material.
3. Ensure the batteries are stored at room temperature.
4. Do not directly connect the terminals with metal objects. This will short-circuit Batteries, resulting in heat and electrical discharge.
5. Never store loose Batteries together, the Batteries’ terminals may contact one another causing a short circuit.
6. Never storage Batteries to extreme temperatures or direct sunlight. The battery should be stored within -10℃ ~ 45℃ range environmental condition. If the battery has to be stored for a long time (Over 3 months), the environmental condition should be:
7. The voltage for a long time storage should be 3.6V~3.9V range per cell.
8. Do not directly connect the terminals with metal objects. This will short-circuit Batteries, resulting in heat and electrical discharge.
9. Always disconnect Batteries when not in use and store Batteries in a non-conductive and fireproof container.
10. Never alter, puncture or impact Batteries or related components.
A High quality Lipo batteries are not cheap,you should take good care of your lipo battery. You can read more about How to maintain your lipo batteries.
Wan't to discuss something that's relevant but has no forum, this is the place
1 post • Page 1 of 1