Adding extra variables to be sent to android client

Firmware/software/electronics/mechanics
abhishekkumar1902
Beginner

Adding extra variables to be sent to android client

Post by abhishekkumar1902 »

How can I add extra variables to be sent to the android app from the crazyflie when connected via BLE link? If anyone can tell me the exact place in the crazyflie and android packages, it would be great help for me!

Also, if I want to send variables from android app to the crazyflie back, then what package and where it needs to be changed?

Thanks in advance!
arnaud
Bitcraze

Re: Adding extra variables to be sent to android client

Post by arnaud »

There is an implementation of log and params in the Crazyflie android client using the Crazyradio but what is missing is the radio downlink over BLE. Currently using BLE the client can only send packets, it cannot receive any. In order to get log/param to work we need to implement the BLE downlink.

It is already implemented in the ios client (for the bootloader) so if you are interested to look at that I can point out the code in the ios client that should be translated to the android client.
abhishekkumar1902
Beginner

Post by abhishekkumar1902 »

As of now, can you tell me how and where to add a variable on the android client (like android phones's temp sensor output) to be sent to the crazyflie, and then where exactly it can be collected in the crazyflie packages?
arnaud
Bitcraze

Post by arnaud »

For the record: I think I answered in your other thread: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2582&p=13093#p13096