QI charger

Post here to get support
Mitteau
Expert

Re: QI charger

Post by Mitteau »

Hello Arnaud
I did the test.
The QI deck alone works perfectly, alhthough it is a bit difficult to find the right position.
But installed on the cf2, the LED lights down after a few seconds. I shall say that the battery was completely empty and charging it takes afterwards 30-40 minutes with standard 5V supply and usb cable.
You can see the video there: http://www.mitteau-jcl.fr/CRAZYFLIE/QI.MP4
arnaud
Bitcraze

Post by arnaud »

Hi,
Is the Qi deck touching the charger? We found that both the placement and the distance can be very important to get a stable connection.
Mitteau
Expert

Post by Mitteau »

That's true. Too close is not good. With cf2, I tested distance between 1mm and 8-10mm and the placement. There is exactly one distance to get a signal in the LED which disappears afterwards. I will make new tests.
Jean-Claude
zserlin
Beginner

Post by zserlin »

I am trying to use the QI Charger Deck with the CF 2.0 and I cannot get it to maintain a connection to the charger. I have tried to charge the CF with 3 types of QI charger and I have 10 charger decks and they all behave the same way. I place the cf over the charger and they begin to charge for approx. 15 seconds and then the charger start to flash, indicating the deck is not recognized and then they stop charging because the charger cuts power to them (i dont know if this is a standard safety feature or something). I have tried multiple distances and every deck/charger combination and they all do exactly the same thing. Is this a known problem and how should I go about resolving this? Is there a specific QI charger that has been tested/ known to work. I have been primarily using:

https://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Qi-Cert ... PDZYEF1CQT

But this charger does say it has a smart recognition mode.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Zack
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

We have tested this recently and it seems that the Qi deck has problems with the newer Qi 1.2 chargers. The current solution is to use an older Qi v1.1 charger. We will do an update to the Qi deck so that it supports Qi 1.2 but it requires HW changes.