Additional data transfer (camsignal for example)

Discussions and questions about the Crazyradio
cracklecrackle
Beginner

Additional data transfer (camsignal for example)

Post by cracklecrackle »

Hello to all,

i ordered my 10-DOF kit last week and looking forward to april :D I read some topics here, some guys want to attach cams to the copter and i'm asking me if it would be possible to transfer additional data for example the camsignal via the crazyradio to the pc (first person flight)? In the bitcraze video about crazyflie it looks like the keycam saves the videos on the internal chip of the keycam-board.

Another possible usage case could be to transfer the actual gps data (if successful attached) to the pc to show the position on google maps or something.

Next question: is there a chance to increase the range of the radio signal for example by other antennas or something? ~80m range is really nice so far but the more the better ;)

Greetings from germany,

Patrick
Crazyflie Nano 10-DOF
tobias
Bitcraze

Re: Additional data transfer (camsignal for example)

Post by tobias »

We where involved in a master thesis trying to do that. Please have a look at this blog post: http://www.bitcraze.se/2012/06/camera-a ... er-thesis/
cracklecrackle
Beginner

Re: Additional data transfer (camsignal for example)

Post by cracklecrackle »

Wow, thanks for the reply! The report is really detailed, nice work.

I think in the first step after getting in the code i will try to build a bigger custom frame with brushless motors, speed controllers and a bigger battery for the crazyflie so the size and the weight of the cam is no more such a big criteria.
Crazyflie Nano 10-DOF