Step by step guide to fix USB 3 problem

Post here to get support
Indieflow
Beginner

Step by step guide to fix USB 3 problem

Post by Indieflow »

Is there any chance someone could write a simple guide on how to flash the firmware on the Crazy Radio as I'm really stumped?

I have the software all setup working on an old computer though want to flash the firmware so that I can use the radio from a new laptop.

I've looked at this wiki page http://wiki.bitcraze.se/projects:crazyradio:programming though when I attempt the first line of code in the Command Prompt window I receive "The system cannot find the path specified".

When I go to this page https://bitbucket.org/bitcraze/crazyrad ... /downloads I only see a bin file and the drivers, where is the firmware?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
atomicdog
Expert

Re: Step by step guide to fix USB 3 problem

Post by atomicdog »

I have the software all setup working on an old computer though want to flash the firmware so that I can use the radio from a new laptop.

I've looked at this wiki page http://wiki.bitcraze.se/projects:crazyradio:programming though when I attempt the first line of code in the Command Prompt window I receive "The system cannot find the path specified".
Are you using the Ubuntu VM bitcraze supplied? The instruction assumes you're starting in the HOME directory.

When I go to this page https://bitbucket.org/bitcraze/crazyrad ... /downloads I only see a bin file and the drivers, where is the firmware?
The bin file is the firmware.
6-DOF CF | wireless xbox 360 controller
Indieflow
Beginner

Post by Indieflow »

Yes I'm using the Ubuntu VM bitcraze supplied, where is the home directory sorry?
Also where should I place the bin?
atomicdog
Expert

Post by atomicdog »

Indieflow wrote:Yes I'm using the Ubuntu VM bitcraze supplied, where is the home directory sorry?
Also where should I place the bin?
Actually, I was wrong the instructions assume your already in the projects directory.
When you first open up the terminal you'll start out in the HOME directory which is /home/bitcraze.
Then you can use the command cd to change directory to /projects/crazyradio-firmware.

Code: Select all

cd projects/crazyradio-firmware
which puts you in /home/bitcraze/projects/crazyradio-firmware

The default place for files to be downloaded is download ( /home/bitcraze/Downloads ).
The bin file can be anywhere that's easy for you to remember though. You can move the bin file to /home/bitcraze/projects/crazyradio-firmware in order to match the instructions more closely. Or, use the full path of were it was downloaded.

Code: Select all

python usbtools/nrfbootload.py flash /home/bitcraze/Downloads/cradio-0.51.bin
6-DOF CF | wireless xbox 360 controller
marcus
Bitcraze

Post by marcus »

The instructions for the Crazyradio firmware upgrade has been updated and now includes a step-by-step guide to upgrading using the Bitcraze VM. The instructions are located here.

/Marcus
swangy
Beginner

Post by swangy »

here's the error i get when i try to launch bootloader.py?!

help anyone?
retinapro:usbtools$ python2.7 ./launchBootloader.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "./launchBootloader.py", line 27, in <module>
import usb
ImportError: No module named usb
marcus
Bitcraze

Post by marcus »

Have you installed pyusb and libusb? Have a look here for a list of dependencies. The list is for the client, but it includes the dependencies for the radio as well.
swangy
Beginner

Post by swangy »

yes, followed the list down the installation dependencies..

is the issue because i'm trying to do it on the mac pro with the USB3.0 port? do i need to do it in a usb2.0 computer?
marcus
Bitcraze

Post by marcus »

No, this isn't the USB3 issue. It's that python cannot find the usb packet (pyusb).
swangy
Beginner

Post by swangy »

it looks like a native OSX python vs my 2.7 version install conflict... grr. wil do some digging and post back results on solution..