[Solved] Errors in RViz and no take-off

All discussions related to the Loco Positioning system
wtse
Beginner

[Solved] Errors in RViz and no take-off

Post by wtse »

When following the steps on the ROS documentation for the LPS, I get two errors in RViz:

Under RobotModel: "crazyflie/base_link No transform from [crazyflie/base_link] to [world]"

Under Axes: "Transform For frame [crazyflie/base_link]: Frame [crazyflie/base_link] does not exist"

The Crazyflie does not respond when I try to make it take off with the attached gamepad.

What might cause these errors? Using the Crazyflie Client I am able to control the Crazyflie with the gamepad without issue, and I can correctly identify all of the anchors, so I am confident the hardware is operating as intended.

[Edit by Arnaud: add 'solved' to the title]
arnaud
Bitcraze

Re: Errors in RViz and no take-off

Post by arnaud »

Hi,

One possible reason might be that the connection is not done properly.
- Is there any error displayed in the console where you run the launchfile?
- Have you double checked that the connection URI is correct (ie. radio channel and datarate).
wtse
Beginner

Post by wtse »

I checked the URI is correct (it is the same as what works when using the Crazyflie client). After recharging the Crazyflie overnight, I am no longer getting the errors in RViz although I do get a warning that the link quality is low. There are no errors presented in RViz, but the Crazyflie will not take off, and it is not responding at all to the gamepad. Controlling through the Crazyflie client does still work. Attached is the response from the terminal when running the launchfile.

EDIT: I want to add that I can see the Crazyflie and the LPS anchors in RViz, and everything on that screen seems to be working as intended.

UPDATE: As you suggested, there was initially some connection problem between the Crazyradio and the Crazyflie. Once that was resolved, the issue was with the gamepad address, which is set to /dev/input/js0 by default in the launchfile but was actually /dev/input/js2 on my VM. Autonomous hovering is now working. Thank you for the help!
Attachments
roslaunch_response.txt
(5.7 KiB) Downloaded 262 times
arnaud
Bitcraze

Post by arnaud »

Great that your problem is solved and thanks for explaining how, it will most likely help others passing-by.
HuzayfaaN
Beginner

Post by HuzayfaaN »

wtse wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:06 pm I checked the URI is correct (it is the same as what works when using the Crazyflie client). After recharging the Crazyflie overnight, I am no longer getting the errors in RViz although I do get a warning that the link quality is low. There are no errors presented in RViz, but the Crazyflie will not take off, and it is not responding at all to the gamepad. Controlling through the Crazyflie client does still work. Attached is the response from the terminal when running the launchfile.

EDIT: I want to add that I can see the Crazyflie and the LPS anchors in RViz, and everything on that screen seems to be working as intended.

UPDATE: As you suggested, there was initially some connection problem between the Crazyradio and the Crazyflie. Once that was resolved, the issue was with the gamepad address, which is set to /dev/input/js0 by default in the launchfile but was actually /dev/input/js2 on my VM. Autonomous hovering is now working. Thank you for the help!
Hi,

How is it that you got the Crazyflie and the LPS nodes to display in rviz? I am trying to achieve this but have had no luck.

I am able to obtain the stateEstimator X, Y and Z values and plot them using rqt_plot, however would like to use rviz for this and to show the LPS nodes.

Any help or guidance would be highly appreciated

Many Thanks,

Huzayfaa