A few questions about nodes and placement

All discussions related to the Loco Positioning system
arnaud
Bitcraze

Re: A few questions about nodes and placement

Post by arnaud »

Is there any error in the console when you launch the ROS launchfile? Do you see the Crazyradio red LED blinking? I am trying to find out if the problem is with the Crazyradio USB connection.

For the build flags, this software is still pretty much bleeding edge so things are changing. I have been thinking about finding a way to communicate these kind of random change that may affect people. Do you have any idea of a communication channel to communicate these kind of changes? I have modified the doc on the wiki but this seems hardly broadcast enough ...
Newk

Post by Newk »

Hi.. happy new 2017!

No other warnings in terminal then those also in a working environment..
The red led comes on.. but not the second transmit led.
It works fine with cfclient.. that makes it weird and kind of rules out usb problems with radio, at least if there are no diffrences between cfclient and ROS as to how they use the usb radio.
So my guess is that it's problem lies in the ROS-implementation itself, and tried to reinstall it, but without bettering results.

As for changes on github.. it would be nice if there is an overall version change history.. but maybe i just don't really know how to use github properly yet :P
Point out some warnings to breaking changes to previous versions
arnaud
Bitcraze

Post by arnaud »

Happy new year to you too!

This is very strange, I guess you double and triple checked the connection URI in ROS? Does the same copter same configuration same launchfiles work on another computer?
Newk

Post by Newk »

Yes i did.. only thing is that i do not dare to update anything on that working but underpowered laptop now. Tomorrow we film footage of it to make a short video to present our project. We use the laptop of our python programmer.. it does work on his installation and that one is probably almost as recently updated as the non-working system... When the stress is over after the video-shoot i will take even more time to compare differences between systems.. if all fails i wipe that installation clean and start from scratch again.
arnaud
Bitcraze

Post by arnaud »

Ok, good luck for the video!
arnaud
Bitcraze

Post by arnaud »

Hi,

FYI we just found a bug that might affect you: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=2279

I also created an announcement channel in the forum where we will post breaking change and other important update to the LPS.

/Arnaud