Flight school

Discussions and questions about the Crazyflie Nano Quadcopter
LittleGreyCat
Beginner

Re: Flight school

Post by LittleGreyCat »

Just started learning to fly my Crazyflie 2.

My first stage is just trying to get it to go straight up using only throttle and not move around too much.

Initially it shot backwards every time. I've now added quite a bit of trim and it is much better although once it is off the deck there seems very little difference between hitting the ceiling and hitting the floor.

One thing I did note was the power connector from the battery to the main chassis. This is pretty ungainly and I assume that if it moves during flight it must alter the balance compared to being at rest. Does anyone have a good method of securing the wires?
hittstick
Beginner

Post by hittstick »

LittleGreyCat wrote: One thing I did note was the power connector from the battery to the main chassis. This is pretty ungainly and I assume that if it moves during flight it must alter the balance compared to being at rest. Does anyone have a good method of securing the wires?
I saw a picture where someone oriented the battery with the wires facing the forward direction and they were able to make a much tighter connection, although I'm not sure if they were using the stock battery.
arnaud
Bitcraze

Post by arnaud »

Yes it is possible to connect the battery under the Crazyflie by having the battery wire facing forward with the stock battery. How it is cabled is more a question of taste, I find it easier to change battery when the wire is on the back but it is tighter when cabled on the bottom.