Master Thesis: Visual Inertial Control of a Nano-Quadroto

Discussions and questions about the Crazyflie Nano Quadcopter
omwdunkley
Expert

Master Thesis: Visual Inertial Control of a Nano-Quadroto

Post by omwdunkley »

Hey guys,

I finished my master thesis up this summer. Kinda forgot to post it here. Oops.
Maybe there is some interesting stuff in there...
It talks about how to add a camera to the crazyflie, how to use the camera to estimate the position/rotation in 3D space, and how to control the Crazyflie to hover by itself or move to certain poses. Also talks about how to use the kinect instead of an on-board camera to do the same thing.
Some graphs might be interesting too, eg how adding weight changed the battery time, thrust requirements, etc.

Cheers
ArthurA
Beginner

Re: Master Thesis: Visual Inertial Control of a Nano-Quadrot

Post by ArthurA »

Nice, should help with my plan to make wand-style control (similar to the control you used here), except using FPV with OpenCV (holding a bright object) with an IMU attached, leading to a much cheaper setup than the external tracking system (can't wait till xmas to get my CF!).

Cool work! :o
xavigisbeg
Beginner

Re: Master Thesis: Visual Inertial Control of a Nano-Quadroto

Post by xavigisbeg »

Thanks for sharing your thesis! Will help me to tune my CF2 for my Bachelor Thesis, as the tuning that comes with the whoenig crazyflie_controller does not work well with my setup, as I have a fiducial marker on a frame attached to the chassis, adding weight and air resistance. I'll post about my work, will add you in the bibliography and share the thesis here as well :D