Flash Crazyflie Firmware over BLE connection from Android Client

Firmware/software/electronics
sammy1997
Beginner

Flash Crazyflie Firmware over BLE connection from Android Client

Post by sammy1997 »

Is there a way to flash the Crazyflie 2.0 firmware using the android client over a BLE connection? As far as I could gather from the code and the documentation, currently the firmware of Crazyflie can be flashed OTA by using a Crazyradio PA connected to the android client over USB.
Can anyone help me here?

Also, is there any other method to do an OTA firmware flash without Crazyradio PA?
arnaud
Bitcraze

Re: Flash Crazyflie Firmware over BLE connection from Android Client

Post by arnaud »

Hi,

Flashing Crazyflie via BLE is possible (while very slow) but currently the only client to implement it is the iOS client.

Implementing it in Android is definitly possible. I see that you have created an issue on Github (https://github.com/bitcraze/crazyflie-a ... /issues/89), I think this is a good place to discus about such an implementation.

The bootloader in the Crazyflie supports both raw 2.4GHz communication to an nRF24-compatible radio, like the Crazyradio, and Bluetooth low energy. Technically speaking you can OTA from any nRF24-compatible radio (including an other Crazyflie, though this would require some serious development).