Crazyradio 2.0 Chrome OS

Firmware/software/electronics
adrone
Beginner

Crazyradio 2.0 Chrome OS

Post by adrone »

Hello guys,
I'm trying to use Chrome OS Laptop in order to program the Crazyflie with Crazyradio PA 2.0 with a simple Python script. In order to do that I installed Linux terminal in Chrome OS, downloaded Python 3 and installed cflib library.

After that I define the *.rules in /etc/udev/rules.d in order to have permissions to use the Crazyradio and restart the rules and so on.

Finally, after doing all the things, when I try to execute the script is sends the message "Cannot find a Crazyradio Dongle".

Anyone have experience with ChromeOS laptops?

In advance, many thanks for your help!
arnaud
Bitcraze

Re: Crazyradio 2.0 Chrome OS

Post by arnaud »

I have a Chromebook that I have been using occasionally for development when traveling (it has awesome battery life). I have been using crouton to install an Ubuntu chroot. In there I could control the Crazyflie without trouble.

I have never tried to do that outside of the chroot and my chromebook is too old to run linux apps. As far as I understand linux app are runned in a container in chromeos and they recently enabled USB support for it: https://developers.googleblog.com/2019/ ... -io19.html.

One way to check if you have usb support should be to run lsusb in the linux terminal: if you have usb support you will see the Crazyradio listed:

Code: Select all

$ lsusb
(...)
Bus 001 Device 052: ID 1915:7777 Nordic Semiconductor ASA 
(...)