Crazyradio node driver help

Firmware/software/electronics
adjavaherian
Beginner

Re: Crazyradio node driver help

Post by adjavaherian »

Wow, really strange. I still cannot get a read after sending an array packet. No led activity either. If I use the original crazyradio/examples/ptx.py I get the light and the callbacks. So I think the dongle is okay. Maybe this is a platform problem? What platform and node version are you using `node -v`?

I don't think I'm hitting continuous carrier, because there is a separate test in the test file that opens continuous carrier and that works consistently and the led lights up. Bummer, hopefully we can get this figured out. It would be really cool to have a native node driver. Thanks @arnaud.
arnaud
Bitcraze

Post by arnaud »

adjavaherian wrote:What platform and node version are you using `node -v`?
I am using the magic 'n 0.12.7' described in the readme, so aparently I have node 0.12.7. Also I am running Ubuntu Linux (maybe there is some OS things going on):

Code: Select all

$ node -v
v0.12.7
$ uname -a
Linux gota 4.2.0-27-generic #32~14.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Fri Jan 22 15:32:26 UTC 2016 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
If you are running Linux, Wireshark is able to sniff the USB communications, we could compare the difference between our logs for this communication.

What version of the Crazyradio firmware are you using (it is in the USB version string descriptor)?
adjavaherian
Beginner

Post by adjavaherian »

Thanks @arnaud, I'm seeing version 99.53 on my crazyradiopa.

Crazyradio PA USB Dongle:

Product ID: 0x7777
Vendor ID: 0x1915 (Nordic Semiconductor ASA)
Version: 99.53
Serial Number: 15C15E4739
Speed: Up to 12 Mb/sec
Manufacturer: Bitcraze
Location ID: 0x14100000 / 6
Current Available (mA): 500
Current Required (mA): 100

and I'm running node 12.7, but I'm on my mac. I guess to be sure, I'll have to test this on ubuntu as well.

...actually, it looks like I just got it! If I run all the tests, I do see the radioIn transfer happening, but subsequent tests require the dongle re-inserted(might not be released properly yet). I wonder if there is some configuration value that needs to be set before performing a transfer? It must be one of the other tests are enabling the read? In fact, it looks like if I comment out the continuous carrier test, the packet read test fails. I've updated the repo, so if you pull and run it, you should get 27 passing tests and see the log. Thanks.
arnaud
Bitcraze

Post by arnaud »

I see the same thing as you: the first time 27 pass and the second time most fails.

We have seen some locking of the dongle, mostly when it is not closed properly or when a send command is sent without reading the answer. However I have not seen it for a while with the python client.

You have a development version of the Crazyradio (I always set the version string to 99.something in between versions). Did you reprogram it? Not that this should be a problem, but I am curious if any radio have been shipped with a dev firmware.
adjavaherian
Beginner

Post by adjavaherian »

Ya, I flashed it with what was on github a few months ago. Might try re-flashing again with the latest, but no, that's not what I got from the factory. Lemme see what I can do with the current set of tests, its encouraging that I got a callback, but it might be the continuous carrier mode test that opened it up properly. There's got to be some way to get a read with a single write. Thanks!