Crazyradio not enumerating on bus

Post here to get support
marcus
Bitcraze

Re: Crazyradio not enumerating on bus

Post by marcus »

Hi Daniel,
Daniel wrote: I was wondering if the USB3 problem is solved already? If yes how can i update the firmware of the crazy radio when it is not ackknowledged by the system?
Yes, the problem has been solved but there's still no binary uploaded. Have a look at this page for building and this for flashing.

As far as I know you will have to update the firmware using a USB2 port unless you have an external programmer.

/Marcus
Indieflow
Beginner

Post by Indieflow »

marcus wrote:Hi Daniel,
Daniel wrote: I was wondering if the USB3 problem is solved already? If yes how can i update the firmware of the crazy radio when it is not ackknowledged by the system?
Yes, the problem has been solved but there's still no binary uploaded. Have a look at this page for building and this for flashing.

As far as I know you will have to update the firmware using a USB2 port unless you have an external programmer.

/Marcus
Any chance you could post the cardio.bin to flash to the dongle as I don't have linux and to be honest am completely lost on how to compile the file?

Thanks
Daniel
Beginner

Post by Daniel »

Thank you for your help. luckily i had a older pc with usb 2 and everything worked out.

Greets

Daniel
bkolb
Beginner

Post by bkolb »

I'd be interested in the bin as well. I tried to build it on my Mac but 'objcopy' is missing and I don't want to install binutils using mac ports since this is causing all kinds of issues.

Thx
Bernd
atomicdog
Expert

Post by atomicdog »

>>removed file<<<
Last edited by atomicdog on Tue May 21, 2013 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
6-DOF CF | wireless xbox 360 controller
marcus
Bitcraze

Post by marcus »

There's now an official build of the 0.51 version on Bitbucket (link).

/Marcus
armasc
Beginner

Post by armasc »

Hello

I was trying to get started by following the instructions (to check electronics) before getting into soldering. Seems that the crazyradio is not 100% operational... the green/red leds never turn off (assuming this is still the expected behavior). I have not updated any firmware, just following the Assembly instructions. I am using both Linux/Mint and later tried Windows 7.

The dmesg shows:
[ 1976.713054] usb 2-1.1.4: new full-speed USB device number 10 using ehci_hcd
[ 2003.483590] usb 2-1.1.4: USB disconnect, device number 10
[ 2014.853019] usb 2-1.1: USB disconnect, device number 7
[ 2014.853034] usb 2-1.1.1: USB disconnect, device number 8
[ 2014.982259] usb 2-1.1.3: USB disconnect, device number 9
[ 2026.494945] usb 2-1.2: new full-speed USB device number 11 using ehci_hcd
xxx@asus ~ $

Running 'lsusb -v' shows:
Bus 002 Device 011: ID 1915:7777 Nordic Semiconductor ASA
Device Descriptor:
bLength 18
bDescriptorType 1
bcdUSB 2.00
bDeviceClass 0 (Defined at Interface level)
bDeviceSubClass 0
bDeviceProtocol 0
bMaxPacketSize0 64
idVendor 0x1915 Nordic Semiconductor ASA
idProduct 0x7777
bcdDevice 0.50
iManufacturer 1 Bitcraze
iProduct 2 Crazyradio USB Dongle
iSerial 29 B82D947C5D
bNumConfigurations 1
Configuration Descriptor:
bLength 9
bDescriptorType 2
wTotalLength 32
bNumInterfaces 1
bConfigurationValue 1
iConfiguration 0
bmAttributes 0x80
(Bus Powered)
MaxPower 100mA

Any suggestions that could help me?

thx.

Carlos
marcus
Bitcraze

Post by marcus »

Hi Carlos,

This could be because you are inserting it into a USB3 port. Do you have any USB2 port available? If so could you try it there? Have a look in the posts above and you will find the link to the updated firmware and links to instructions on how to upgrade it.

/Marcus
balistikboy
Beginner

Post by balistikboy »

So I have the cfclient working on my macbook pro retina thanks to MacPorts and the CrazyRadio will connect to the client via a USB 2.0 hub (since all my ports are USB 3.0). I can also connect to the CrazyFlie but am getting errors and cannot send any commands to it from the PS3 remote via bluetooth (which is recognized and properly sends commands to the cfclient). I have not flashed the CrazyRadio yet because I can't figure out how to do it. My command line skills are very rusty.

I am not running a VM and don't have a Windows PC or Linux box to use. I have a RPi on the way but still want to be able to use my Mac. I have been reading through other websites and also the BitCraze wiki for flashing the CrazyRadio and am not sure where some of the files are located that are referenced.

Since there are no installation instructions for the CrazyRadio on a Mac, I'm assuming some of the files referenced aren't present. So how do I flash my CrazyRadio and will that help with my issue?

Can anyone provide the cmd line instructions I should follow to run the bootloader and flash the CrazyRadio?

The directory for my client is:

Code: Select all

> ~ balistikboy$ cd Projects/CrazyFlie/bin/
I do not have these directories/files:

Code: Select all

> cd crazyradio-firmware
> python usbtools/launchBootloader.py
balistikboy
Beginner

Post by balistikboy »

Also wanted to add I am running OSX 10.8.3 (Mountain Lion), the CrazyRadio is firmware v0.50, and it does enumerate on the USB 2.0 hub from what I can tell.