Max thrust - won't lift off

Post here to get support
MusicMagi
Beginner

Max thrust - won't lift off

Post by MusicMagi »

I just replaced two of my motors because I damaged them trying to separate them from the propellers. Initially, my problem was that the CF was spinning out and it looked like one pair of propellers (opposite each other) were stopping before the other pair. After replacing the motors, they all seem to spin in sync, but even at 99.99 thrust at max, it won't lift off the ground. It's a little surprising because the propellers seem to be spinning fast, so it doesn't even seem like low power. I get a loud buzz, but no movement off the ground. Am I missing something :?:

Thanks in advance :!:
DerShu
Beginner

Re: Max thrust - won't lift off

Post by DerShu »

MusicMagi wrote:It's a little surprising because the propellers seem to be spinning fast, so it doesn't even seem like low power. I get a loud buzz, but no movement off the ground. Am I missing something :?:
Could you have accidently got the propeller rotation directions reversed???? With the correct propeller installation it takes a lot less than maximum thrust to get liftoff. Maximum thrust bounces the Crazyflie off the ceiling. Ask me how I know? :oops:
MusicMagi
Beginner

Re: Max thrust - won't lift off

Post by MusicMagi »

Thank you so much. I don't know how that happened, but you were right!

Have a great week!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: