Crazyflie spins uncontrollably

Post here to get support
qubitter
Beginner

Re: Crazyflie spins uncontrollably

Post by qubitter »

So, I fixed the problem. It goes as follows:

I can't use the mobile app for some reason, it doesn't work. I had this problem where the thrust was stuck on max and the roll+pitch were on 30 and -30 respectably. I then couldn't get it to respond at all, so I looked at the console. I saw the error nr 1024 and reflashed the CF 2 with the no-pressure firmware. Thanks though!

Also, my CF seems to want to flip directly after takeoff. I checked the prop diagrams and they are in the right spots.

UPDATE
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

When my CF is at 30+% thrust, it rotates clockwise. The more thrust, the faster the rotation. Please help! :(

UPDATE 2
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Also, I have noticed that at first my CF can fly perfectly, but after about a minute, it wants to flip all of the time. When it is in the part of wanting to flip, I have noticed that M3 has more thrust than the others, closely followed by M4. That is probably what makes it want to flip.
poizone

Post by poizone »

Sounds like you're the victim of imperfect PID tuning! My suggestion is to dig into the firmware and start with a new tuning that removes the kI gain terms. My CF was having a tough time staying stable, and so I retuned my sensorfusion6 kP and kI along with the attitude PID. My sensor fusion is much more stable with a kP of 2.0 and a kI of 0.004, while my attitude kP, kI, and kD are happy at about (70, 0, 0). The tuning can be done from the client, and a wonderful guide has been made for rate and attitude tuning. You do NOT have to follow the guides directions of tuning rate mode first, but if you have a controller with 0 play in the sticks (I don't, life is rough), then it's best to do as instructed. The guide can be found here
One day our flies will drown out the sun in an autonomous Skynet of whirring motors and blinking lights.
qubitter
Beginner

Post by qubitter »

I have no F***ing idea how to do that.

But thanks though. I'll try the guide.

Somehow, my CF was made with major flaws. #1: My pressure sensor chip was soldered badly. #2: My PID was tuned imperfectly. What next?
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

Something is very wrong with your unit. As I wrote in another thread you posted I've sent you a PM so we can help you out.
qubitter
Beginner

Post by qubitter »

Gee, you think? And I bought it off seeedstudio, too! :| :evil:
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

Really sorry about your bad experience qubitter, it is not supposed to be like this and we will do everything we can to help you.

After reading you posts again I think I know what the problems are:

Crazyflie 2.0
It is a problem with the sensor chip (MPU9250) soldering. After some random flight time it looses communication with this chip and it flips. Sent you a PM to solve this problem.

Crazyflie Nano (1.0)
I think one of the motors are spinning in the wrong direction. It starts to spin when applying thrust and flips as soon as it's in the air. Please check that all the motors are spinning according to the diagram. My guess is that one of the motors has been soldered to the wrong connector or the wires in the wrong configuration.
qubitter
Beginner

Post by qubitter »

I actually only have a CF2, both problems were on the same one. Thanks!
aesreal
Beginner

Post by aesreal »

tobias wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:17 am Really sorry about your bad experience qubitter, it is not supposed to be like this and we will do everything we can to help you.

After reading you posts again I think I know what the problems are:

Crazyflie 2.0
It is a problem with the sensor chip (MPU9250) soldering. After some random flight time it looses communication with this chip and it flips. Sent you a PM to solve this problem.

Crazyflie Nano (1.0)
I think one of the motors are spinning in the wrong direction. It starts to spin when applying thrust and flips as soon as it's in the air. Please check that all the motors are spinning according to the diagram. My guess is that one of the motors has been soldered to the wrong connector or the wires in the wrong configuration.
Hi Tobias, realised this thread is old, but i'm also facing the issue you mentioned for CF2s. After some random flight time, it flips out randomly. Is the fix still available?