CrazyRadio dongle not working

Post here to get support
LordLucan
Beginner

CrazyRadio dongle not working

Post by LordLucan »

Hi,

Ok, I have my crazyflie assembled (10DOF), seems to be doing the right thing, red led flashes fast, blue led on green led on when on USB. Motors flick when powered on ok.

But, it's the CrazyRadio I'm having problems with. I have a Windows 7 64 bit system (A sony vaio laptop) with the 1.2.6.0 driver installed. When I plug in the Crazyradio dongle the leds on the dongle blink briefly. I can see the dongle in the device manager as "Crazyradio USB dongle", the device and vendor id are USB\VID_1915&PID_7777&REV_0052. I'm fairly sure the USB ports are USB 2 not USB 3. Windows reports the device as working properly.

But the python script (cfclient) cannot enumerate or find the dongle. If I run the python interpreter and load in the crazyradio driver I get the following ....

C:\Program Files (x86)\Crazyflie client>c:\Python27\python.exe
Python 2.7.1 (r271:86832, Nov 27 2010, 17:19:03) [MSC v.1500 64 bit (AMD64)] on win32
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
>>> from cflib.drivers.crazyradio import Crazyradio
>>> cr=Crazyradio()
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
File "cflib\drivers\crazyradio.pyc", line 113, in __init__

Exception: Cannot find a Crazyradio Dongle
>>>

So my question is any clues as to why this is so? What can I try next?

Thanks
arnaud
Bitcraze

Re: CrazyRadio dongle not working

Post by arnaud »

Hi,

You could try to re-install the libusb driver manually. The easiest is to use zadig (http://zadig.akeo.ie/). You can also make sure that the device appear as libusb device in the windows device manager and if you have a working version or pyusb (I assume you installed it manually).
LordLucan
Beginner

Post by LordLucan »

Arnaud,

Thanks for this, still no joy with the driver, don't worry too much though because I've had the radio working.
I downloaded VirtualBox and got the crazyflie going using the 0.4 VM.
So I now know my CrazyRadio is working ok, that was my biggest concern.
So on the same PC with Windows7 x64 VirtualBox VM and CrazyRadio works fine.

I'll take a look at debugging lubusb-win32 on Windows7 x64 to see what is occurring. I'll let you know the outcome.

Thanks for a great product!

LordLucan
Birdman
Beginner

Post by Birdman »

I just got my CrazyFlie and I was having the same issue, it seems that I installed the wrong widows driver and was not displaying as libusb device reinstalled with correct drive and shows up as libusb in devices manager.

Thanks

Window 7 64bit
Socrakeys
Beginner

Post by Socrakeys »

So my radiodongle is showing up correctly. It is listed in the device manager as it should, I got the drivers updated but when I launch the cf-client it doesnt know there is a radio dongle plugged in. Is there somewhere I can go to point the cf-client to the radio dongle? Also there are no lights on the radio dongle.
arnaud
Bitcraze

Post by arnaud »

Is there any light when you plug the Crazyradio. When plugging the dongle both red and green LED should blink. If it is not the case there is a problem with the dongle in itself.