Cannot connect to Crazyflie

Post here to get support
peterwey
Beginner

Cannot connect to Crazyflie

Post by peterwey »

Hi
No matter what I do, I cannt connect to my crazflie.
I am running on Win 7 (2 machines, 32 and 64bit). Crazyradio driver installed as described here http://wiki.bitcraze.se/projects:crazyr ... stall_win7. I even updated the firmware of the crazyradio using the Bitcraze VM 0.3 to version cradio-0.52.bin (seemed to work as the output of the cmd looked like described on http://wiki.bitcraze.se/projects:crazyradio:programming). Windows seems to recognize the crazyradio and the red led's are flashing when the crazyflie pc client is scanning or trying to initiate bootloader cold load (no green though)
I could not connect before soldering the motors but did not bother until I finally assembled the copter.
While turing on my crazyflie I get the following

blue led is always on
one short green flash
one short green flash
all rotors are spinning once
4 short green flashes and then the
red led flashes at 1 hz

looks as everything is ok
the crazyflie client only finds the debug://0/0 - Debugdriver for UI testing
any ideas?
tobias
Bitcraze

Re: Cannot connect to Crazyflie

Post by tobias »

It could be a conflict with the libusb driver. You don't happen to have GoPro Studio 2 installed?
peterwey
Beginner

Post by peterwey »

No. Unfortunately not. The crazyradio is the only device using the libusb driver (as far as I can tell)...
peterwey
Beginner

Post by peterwey »

Any ideas?
I pretty much read evefy thread here and it seems that I am not the only one with this problem. Could you please advise me how to solve my problem? Is there any way of connecting my crazyflie directli via uds for diagnosis?
Thank you.
peterwey
Beginner

Post by peterwey »

anyone?
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

The LED behavior you are describing is correct and my guess is that it is a driver issue but it might also be a broken radio in either the CF or the dongle. The CF is flashed with the radio bootloader by Seeedstudio so at one point it has at least worked that is why I'm guessing it is the driver.
Did you manage to connect to the CF bootloader from the VM? Do you have a possibility to try it on another computer?
peterwey
Beginner

Post by peterwey »

Thanks.
I cannot connect the CF through the bootloader (not sure if I tried with the vm, will try when I am back home), but I tried with 2 different pc's. All I get is the connection time out.
So back to square one :-)