Having problems connecting my Crazyradio to my Crazyflie

Post here to get support
Bolani
Beginner

Having problems connecting my Crazyradio to my Crazyflie

Post by Bolani »

Hi guys,

I am having a few problems connecting my Crazyradio to my Crazyflie. I have a Win 7 64bit operating system with one usb3 port and two usb2 ports. I was able to install the win 7 driver for the Crazyradio and the Crazyflie PC client without any problems. I was also able to update the Crazyflie with the latest firmware cflie-2013.4.bin using the PC client bootloader. When I try to connect through the PC client and press scan I get the following messages radio://0/10/250k
debug://0/0 - Debugdriver for UI testing

I also get the message in the scrip, INFO:cflib.crtp.radiodriver:v0.52 dongle with serial N/A found

I tried to update the Crazyradio firmware using the bootloader python scrip in the VM 0.3 as described on the wiki http://wiki.bitcraze.se/projects:crazyr ... ing%20page page.

From memory at the first attempt the bootloader failed to initiate on the second attempt it did initiate, the Crazyradio disappeared but the device nRF24LU1P-F32 BOOT LDR did not appear in the script, though it did appear in my device manager when I restarted my computer. Anyway it appears that Crazyradio has the latest firmware of 0.52 installed, as indicated on the PC client scrip when I try to connect "INFO:cflib.crpt.radiodriver:v0.52 dongle with serial N/A found". I think I may have installed it without realizing by pressing the update all application in the VM and the 0.52.bin file would have been in the right folder at that time.

I have tried connecting with both the PC client and the client in the VM, with the dongle in the usb3 port and usb2 ports, both with no luck. When I do press scan in the PC client the red LED on the radio dongle lights up for a second and the green LED lights up for about a millisecond. The green LED on the crazyflie turns off for a second and then turns back on again to a solid light. The red LED on the Crazyflie is constantly beating at around 1HZ.

When I try connecting through the VM client the red LED on the dongle turns on for about two seconds and the green LED on the crazyflie turns off for a millisecond, that is one difference between the PC client and the VM client.

Also could someone please tell me how to update the host software of "cfclient-2013.4.2.tar.gz" I cannot seem to find instructions.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! As I really want to get it flying!

Cheers,
Guss_
Beginner

Re: Having problems connecting my Crazyradio to my Crazyflie

Post by Guss_ »

I am having a few problems connecting my Crazyradio to my Crazyflie. I have a Win 7 64bit operating system with one usb3 port and two usb2 ports. I was able to install the win 7 driver for the Crazyradio and the Crazyflie PC client without any problems. I was also able to update the Crazyflie with the latest firmware cflie-2013.4.bin using the PC client bootloader. When I try to connect through the PC client and press scan I get the following messages radio://0/10/250k
debug://0/0 - Debugdriver for UI testing
This is not only messages.
This is the list of devices that you can connect

radio://0/10/250k => your Crazyradio
debug://0/0 - Debugdriver for UI testing => as says is a debugdriver

Select radio://0/10/250k and click "connect"
Bolani
Beginner

Post by Bolani »

Brilliant, thanks a lot, I have a connection. Do you know how I can update to the latest host software?
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

You should be able to find most common information on the wiki.

Specifics on how to update the Crazyflie firmware here.