Dongle communication error

Post here to get support
Moka
Beginner

Post by Moka »

I'm having trouble maintaining a stable connection to my Crazyflie. While everything connects fine, the communications link will usually drop out after a few minutes, sometimes less, with the following error dialog:
Connection lost to radio://0/72/250K
(ackStatus==None)
This is what I see in my logs:

Code: Select all

WARNING:cflib.crazyflie:Got link error callback [Dongle communication error (ackStatus==None)] in state [2]
INFO:cflib.crazyflie:Callback->Disconnected from [radio://0/72/250K]
INFO:cflib.crazyflie:Callback->Connectionl ost to [radio://0/72/250K]: Dongle communication error (ackStatus==None)
WARNING:cflib.crazyflie:Got link error callback [RadioDriver: Could not send packet to copter] in state [0]
Once this happens, I'm not able to re-connect until I restart the client app and unplug/replug the radio.

I'm on a MacBook Air (Mid 2012) running OS X 10.8.4. I've tried with both the current client download and tip-of-trunk from Bitbucket. Any thoughts?
tobias
Bitcraze

Re: Dongle communication error

Post by tobias »

I'm interpreting it such that it doesn't seem to be a problem with the radio link itself but maybe a software problem? If you stay close to the dongle, does it still happen, e.g. just holding it in you hand with some thrust on?
Moka
Beginner

Post by Moka »

Yup, still seems to happen even if the copter is close to the radio.

I just tried this on a different machine running Linux and there were no problems. So ya, it seems to be a software problem with either the Mac Crazyflie software or the radio driver bundled with it.
marcus
Bitcraze

Post by marcus »

We have seen this issue from a few times in the headless client and the kinect client, but not in the cfclient. It seems to happen when the application is not shut down correctly before exiting. Not closing the communication link seems to leave the Crazyradio in a bad state and the only solution is to power cycle it by unplugging it. I've reported an issue for this so we can investigate and fix it.
Moka
Beginner

Post by Moka »

I can reproduce this 100% of the time on my Mac, and I usually exit using File > Exit.

And power cycling the radio is definitely the only way to get things working again for a few moments, but it will invariably crash within minutes of startup.
Cesaire Nj
Beginner

Post by Cesaire Nj »

I have the following error when I tried to run my script. raise Exception(self._error_message)
Exception: RadioDriver: Could not send packet to copter
and the Crazyradio powers off.

I'm using Windows 7. I would appreciate any help. Thanks!
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

One quick follow up question. Are you having the link open in the cfclient at the same time?