[SOLVED] Crazyradio doesn't work on Ubuntu

Post here to get support
EricPT
Beginner

[SOLVED] Crazyradio doesn't work on Ubuntu

Post by EricPT »

Hi!

I bought the crazyflie a month ago and I was looking forward to make it fly. I assembled it and downloaded the Crazyflie PC Client. I connected a PS3 controller and the crazyradio to my computer (I use Ubuntu). But when I click to "Connect" on the Crazyflie PC Client, it doesn't find the crazyflie. I tried to do the same operation on win7 after installing the drivers and it worked, so I guess the problem comes from the crazyradio connection to Linux. When I do "dmesg" it doesn't show any connection on the USB. My computer is a Sony Vaio Z serie. Can someone help me please?

Thanks

Eric
tobias
Bitcraze

Re: Crazyradio doesn't work on Ubuntu

Post by tobias »

Where you using the same computer and the same USB port? If the Crazyradio contains the 0.5v firmware there is an issue with USB3 ports so it could be that. Try running the cfclient as sudo as well. There might be a problem with user rights.
marcus
Bitcraze

Post by marcus »

Hi,

When you plug the Crazyradio does the LEDs go off? If not, then you are probably seeing the USB3 problem that was in the first batch. Plug the Crazyradio in a USB2 port and update the firmware.

If the LEDs go off the when you plug the Crazyradio then run lsusb to to check if the device is found:

Code: Select all

$ lsusb
Bus 001 Device 023: ID 1915:7777 Nordic Semiconductor ASA
If you see this and it's still not working then your user probably doesn't have the correct permissions to open the device. You can easily see this by going into the bootloader dialog in the pc client (Crazyflie->Bootloader) and clicking initialize. If you do not have the correct permissions it will say so in the message.
EricPT
Beginner

Post by EricPT »

Thanks a lot, it was what you said: a problem of permissions. I ran lsusb and saw the device. I ran the Client as a sudoer and it worked.
Thanks a lot again