Crazyradio not working

Post here to get support
Naidala
Beginner

Crazyradio not working

Post by Naidala »

Hi, till last week the CrazyRadio was working, but then the error "Cannot find a Crazyradio Dongle" appeared. The USB was very loosely attached to the board, so we had it soldered. Now when we insert the Crazyradio its red and green LEDs are always both lit: not blinking, nor switching off.
Do you have any suggestion? Is it definitely broken or there is some hope?
arnaud
Bitcraze

Re: Crazyradio not working

Post by arnaud »

This sounds like the USB data line are not properly connected. Can you send a detailed photo of the top of the radio so that we can maybe spot the problem?

The Crazyradio firmware light up both LED when power is applied to the board and switch them off when USB enumeration has completed. If both LED stays ON it means that the CPU is starting (this is a good news!), but the USB enumeration cannot complete. On the USB connector the two outside connection are power, GND and 5V, and the two inner one are the data lines, D+ and D-, I would expect the problem to be that the data line are not properly connected.
Max_Kemmeren

Post by Max_Kemmeren »

Dear all,

I just plugged in my crazyradio and the green and red led are on, and the cfclient is not abe to find the dongle. Same for trying to flash it no dongle is found. The crazyradio has always worked for me and the connections still seem intact, even though the donge is bend due to being so fragile. Looking to the connecters they still seem okay to me/

Moreover doing lsusb the dongle does not show
IMG_8203-min.jpg
IMG_8204.jpg
spot
Beginner

Post by spot »

OK - Keep on running into this problem..
So i've leave a note here on how to fix this..

When turn on the Crazyradio - make sure you have a crazyflie turned on before hand..
Max_Kemmeren

Post by Max_Kemmeren »

What do you mean? Which note?
arnaud
Bitcraze

Post by arnaud »

Hi,

It does seem that the data line pad has been pulled when the connector bent. This behavior is consistent with USB data line not connected.

One thing you can try is to bend the connector back and try to re-solder a bit the data line, with a bit of luck this will reconnect the data line and make the radio work again.
Max_Kemmeren

Post by Max_Kemmeren »

Thanks, maybe an improvement for the future. Create a small case around the usb connection such that it will be less prone to bending. Cause when plugged in it is quiet vulnerable to bending due to some cable of person touching it.

like: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:84295