CrazyradioPA isn’t recognised on Mac or PC.

Post here to get support
Pandemonium
Beginner

CrazyradioPA isn’t recognised on Mac or PC.

Post by Pandemonium »

I wonder if anyone can help ?
I had the virtual machine working fine on my Mac Desktop.
I decided to install the VM on my Windows 10 laptop.
When I did this the CrazyradioPA was not recognised on the PC, although I installed the driver from Zadig - I tried all 4 versions - CrazyradioPA is recognised by the PC (see photo.)
I tried my Mac again, things booted-up fine - for 10 seconds - then I got this message (Error message on Mac - photo)
I now can’t get the CrazyradioPA to work on either computer.. any ideas why this is happening ?
Many thanks
Attachments
CrazyfliePA dongle on Windows 10
CrazyfliePA dongle on Windows 10
Error message on Mac
Error message on Mac
kimberly
Bitcraze

Re: CrazyradioPA isn’t recognised on Mac or PC.

Post by kimberly »

Hi!

Which virtual machine program are you using? And if you are using virtual box, have you installed the extension pack that supports USB 2.0 and 3.0?
Pandemonium
Beginner

Post by Pandemonium »

Hello Kimberly
On the Mac I’m using virtual box 6.1 with the extension pack installed. Both the CrazyradioPA and Sony PlayStation controls are showing up on the USB settings.

On the PC running windows I’m using the basic VM.
arnaud
Bitcraze

Post by arnaud »

Hi,

Your first screenshot seems to be taken on a mac, not on Windows. The second one hints of a problem with the gamepad and not with the radio, it comes from the gamepad being disconnected.

Does the radio appears in the USB menu of VirtualBox in both windows and Mac? The USB device needs to be manually passed to the VM each time you want to use it.
Pandemonium
Beginner

Post by Pandemonium »

There’s no problem with the game pad.
The issue is with the CrazyradioPA !
It will not connect to the Mac - it will not connect to the PC either.
Let’s start with the Mac, as it was working fine until I tried the CrazyradioPA in the PC.
Then I got the message in the picture on the Mac.
Thanks David
Pandemonium
Beginner

Post by Pandemonium »

The CrazyrarioPA and Gamepad are showing in the USB menu in the VM on both computers
arnaud
Bitcraze

Post by arnaud »

The error message you took a screenshot of is emitted by linuxjsreader.py which is the gamepad driver used in the client, it does comes from the gamepad. Though, the error is about the device being disconnected so since both the gamepad and the radio are connected over USB, there might be a link.

One way to debug the situation is to find-out if the radio is seen on the Linux side in the VM. After you pass the radio to the VM, it should appear both in "dmesg" and in "lsusb", by typing both commands in the console just after passing the radio to the VM you should get something like that:

Code: Select all

$ dmesg
<lots of text ....>
[ 9227.201276] usb 1-2: new full-speed USB device number 12 using xhci_hcd
[ 9227.363546] usb 1-2: New USB device found, idVendor=1915, idProduct=7777, bcdDevice= 0.53
[ 9227.363560] usb 1-2: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=29
[ 9227.363567] usb 1-2: Product: Crazyradio PA USB Dongle
[ 9227.363571] usb 1-2: Manufacturer: Bitcraze
[ 9227.363575] usb 1-2: SerialNumber: ************

$ lsusb
<lots of entries ...>
Bus 001 Device 012: ID 1915:7777 Nordic Semiconductor ASA Bitcraze Crazyradio (PA) dongle
<lots of entries ...>
If that happens, the next things to look at is the log when launching the client. You can launch the client from the console with the command "python3 -m cfclient.gui", it the radio is well recognize, towards the end there should be the line "INFO:cflib.crtp.radiodriver:v0.53 dongle with serial N/A found
", otherwise there should be an error indicating that the radio could not be opened.

If the radio gets disconnected, both lsusb and dmesg are good commands to get more information about what happened.
Pandemonium
Beginner

Post by Pandemonium »

Many thanks Kimberly - I’ll give that a go and let you know how things go. I appreciate your help ! David