Questions regarding using crazyflie client on Linux

Post here to get support
MJ96
Beginner

Questions regarding using crazyflie client on Linux

Post by MJ96 »

Hi,

I am interested in controlling crazyflie 2.0 STEM ranging bundle with python and ROS. I am aware that I need to connect the crazyflie with the client software, but I am having difficulties doing so.
Screen Shot 2021-01-22 at 1.40.41 AM.png
As seen in this attachment, I had my crazyradio connected through usb of my computer and crazyflie turned on. However, it seems as though the scan button won't let me connect.
Screen Shot 2021-01-22 at 1.40.56 AM.png
Also, the second attachment shows that the firmware cannot be bootloaded to my system. Is there any way I can solve this problem?

If there is any guide from installing crazyflie client to connecting to the drone, please let me know.

Thank you

Best,
Sam
kimberly
Bitcraze

Re: Questions regarding using crazyflie client on Linux

Post by kimberly »

Hi!

It might be that your crazyflie has a different address, if its not new. that is probably why the scan button can't connect. Also if no crazyradio PA is attached, the same will happen. Have you gone through the getting started tutorial?

There are user instructions on how to use the cfclient: https://www.bitcraze.io/documentation/r ... de_client/. I would suggest to read this well.

You can check the current address with the configuration tab, and you need to put your crazyflie in bootloader mode by pressing the button for 3 seconds, then you can upload new firmware
MJ96
Beginner

Post by MJ96 »

Hi!,

I tried it in the windows, and it seems the scan works over there. However, the Linux has some issue with the scan. Do you think it is related to the type of virtual machine I am using?
arnaud
Bitcraze

Post by arnaud »

The error you get indicates that you did not install the correct udev rules file that would give access to the Crazyradio to normal users (ie. not only to root).

If you follow the instruction there, it should solve the problem: https://github.com/bitcraze/crazyflie-l ... ermissions.
MJ96
Beginner

Post by MJ96 »

Just solved the problem. Thank you!