cfclient doesn't start on osx

Post here to get support
graboosky
Beginner

Re: cfclient doesn't start on osx

Post by graboosky »

Damn it, I was sure I have posted logs yesterday. Anyway that is what I can see:

Code: Select all

Patryks-Mac:iOS patryk_grabowski$ cfclient
INFO:cfclient.gui:Disabling STL printouts
INFO:cfclient.gui:Foundation not found. Menu will show python as application name
INFO:cfclient.utils.input.inputreaders:Input readers: ['linuxjsdev', 'pysdl2']
INFO:cfclient.utils.input.inputreaders:Could not initialize [linuxjsdev]: Only supported on Linux
INFO:cfclient.utils.input.inputreaders:Successfully initialized [pysdl2]
INFO:cfclient.utils.input.inputinterfaces:Found interfaces: ['leapmotion', 'wiimote', 'zmqpull']
INFO:cfclient.utils.input.inputinterfaces:Could not initialize [leapmotion]: Leap Motion library probably not installed (No module named 'leapsdk')
INFO:cfclient.utils.input.inputinterfaces:Could not initialize [wiimote]: Missing cwiid (wiimote) driver No module named 'cwiid'
INFO:cfclient.utils.config:Dist config read from /usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/cfclient/configs/config.json
INFO:cfclient.utils.input.inputinterfaces:Could not initialize [zmqpull]: ZMQ input disabled in config file
qt.qpa.plugin: Could not find the Qt platform plugin "cocoa" in ""
This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

Abort trap: 6
graboosky
Beginner

Post by graboosky »

It works with Qt installed with pip, otherwise, I can see logs from above.

Thank you:)
kristoffer
Bitcraze

Post by kristoffer »

OK. I'm not sure why you get a problem when installing with brew, but it seems as
might indicate that it is a problem with your qt installation. I found other people (using other apps) that had the same problem that were helped by reinstalling.
graboosky
Beginner

Post by graboosky »

Your changes were necessary, but I had to install pyqt5 with pip instead of homebrew, otherwise, I stacked with:

Code: Select all

This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

Abort trap: 6
Maybe I should export some path somewhere when installing pyqt5 with homebrew?
kristoffer
Bitcraze

Post by kristoffer »

Possibly, I'm not sure about the ins and outs of qt. I'm just happy when it works :-)

We should maybe consider to update the documentation somehow, but my feeling is that this is a bit if a moving target that changes from release to release.