[SOLVED] Unable to find the dongle from my MacBook Pro

Post here to get support
Catalyst
Beginner

[SOLVED] Unable to find the dongle from my MacBook Pro

Post by Catalyst »

Alright so, I've read through all the forums and I've messed with a lot of stuff and I still haven't gotten my beautiful little quad to fly yet, which is making me very sad. A run through of what I have done so far:

Set up the crazy radio on the windows 7 partition of my Mac, which worked beautifully for getting the computer to talk to the quad. Everything ran great until I tried to hook up the PS3 controller and motioninjoy needs the internet which I still haven't figured out how to get on the partition so ==> Bust

Set up the stuff on the Mac side of my computer, got everything running beautifully, the flight controls open and the PS3 controller connects and I get thrust and what not! And then I tried to hook up the dongle and... nothing... no radio shows up only the debugger ==> Bust

Tried a second computer to no avail...==> Bust

So now I'm here asking for any help anyone can give. I haven't figured out how to change the data on the dongle to support USB 3.0 but it works on the partition so I didn't think that was a problem. If there's any more info I can give to help reach an answer just ask.

Thanks everyone!
tobias
Bitcraze

Re: Unable to find the dongle from my MacBook Pro

Post by tobias »

I wish I could help you but I don't have a Mac and don't know their system... Have you tried the virtual machine, that might be one way?

Do the LEDs on the Crazyradio turn off after you inserted the Crazyradio? That would mean the Crazyradio has at least been enumerated by the system.
Catalyst
Beginner

Post by Catalyst »

tobias wrote:I wish I could help you but I don't have a Mac and don't know their system... Have you tried the virtual machine, that might be one way?

Do the LEDs on the Crazyradio turn off after you inserted the Crazyradio? That would mean the Crazyradio has at least been enumerated by the system.

The LEDs on the Crazyradio do not turn off on the Mac side. They do on the PC partition though. I don't know how to make it enumeratable by the system, I haven't figured out how to bootload the new release of the firmware to the radio to make it work with the USB 3.0... I thought that since it was working on the PC side it should work on the Mac but that's probably not true. Any thoughts on how to either get the new firmware onto the dongle or if the VM will fix all the problems?
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

If you can get the VM running and the Crazyradio working you can update it from there: http://wiki.bitcraze.se/projects:crazyradio:programming
Catalyst
Beginner

Post by Catalyst »

I bought a $5 USB hub that has 2.0 instead of 3.0. Problem solved. Thanks though!