Pairing code?

Post here to get support
mrkhrdr
Beginner

Pairing code?

Post by mrkhrdr »

Win 7 will not install a driver for my crazyradio without the 'pairing code'. There is no code on the circuit board and if there were any documents that came with it i've lost them long ago. How can I obtain the pairing code for my crazyradio?
arnaud
Bitcraze

Re: Pairing code?

Post by arnaud »

Hi,
I am not sure what you are referring to, what procedure are you following to install the driver?
mrkhrdr
Beginner

Post by mrkhrdr »

I plugged your crazyradio PA board, antenna plugged into it, into a usb port on my laptop. A red LED briefly flashed on the board and I got a message from Windows (7 Pro 64bit) that said I needed to install a device driver for your device. I followed instructions for doing this, which included opening the control panel, selecting Hardware & Sound, Add a Device. A window opened showing a new device with the code Wireless N AP TL-WA860RE, I then clicked Next and was taken to a new window which requested what it called a 'Pairing Code' for the device. Help for this request said it should be on the bottom of the device or in the product brochure. I tried entering the N AP.... code but that didn't work. I could find no other Help advice for finding the pairing code. So that's when I registered the bitcraze forum for crazyradio and asked my question. Have you heard of any code that comes with your device? What procedure do your customers follow for downloading the driver for a crazyradio? Could I have an outdated version of the device? I probably ordered it about 10 yrs ago and haven't had a dire need for it until now.
mrkhrdr
Beginner

Post by mrkhrdr »

P.S. Apparently this pairing code is needed so that Windows can match it with the proper driver software. Perhaps a its a means of searching a list of drivers for the proper one?. I suspect that even when such a code would be redundant, Windows requires that the user enter it.
arnaud
Bitcraze

Post by arnaud »

When using Crazyradio with the default firmware for example to control a Crazyflie, the diver needs to be installed using the Zadig program (this is documented in the getting started with Crazyflie). On windows 7 you need to ignore the windows driver request and use Zadig instead to install the libusb driver: https://wiki.bitcraze.io/misc:usbwindows