nrf24-scanner.py cannot find usb dongle

Post here to get support
Nasm
Beginner

nrf24-scanner.py cannot find usb dongle

Post by Nasm »

I bought "Crazyradio" but could not find the version information, i have a Crazyradio PA version or or just Crazyradio?
Also could not understand what is the difference between them?

Nevertheless, I flashed my dongle as the Crazyradio PA version i compiled with option CRPA = 0.
I am using a virtual machine(VirtualBox VM 6.0.0 ), I added all necessary USB filters(below in the screenshots).
As a result, scripts as nrf24-scanner.py don't see my dongle. Also i tried to compile and flash with the option make CRPA = 0 in case of use just Crazyradio version of dongle but the result is the same.

Picture of the device:

Info:
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 17134
VirtualBox VM 6.0.0
Linux 4.19.0-kali4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.19.28-2kali1 (2019-03-18) x86_64 GNU/Linux

Determined by the host operating system
Usb filters in VM

Flashing process (device was сonnected and disсonnected)

Try to search(nrf24-scanner.py -l)

Logs

PS: Sorry for my bad english. i would be very happy to help competent people.
Last edited by Nasm on Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
arnaud
Bitcraze

Re: nrf24-scanner.py cannot find usb dongle

Post by arnaud »

Hi,

Thanks for a detailed question :-).

First: you got a Crazyradio, not a Crazyradio PA. An it is also an un-authorized copy of it.

In any way, the dongle seems to be working but as far as I undertand if you want to use the nrf-research-firmware project you will have to flash the nrf-research-firmware firmware in the Crazyradio. The firmware made by Bitcraze is intended to be used with the Crazyflie and cannot be used by the nrf-research-firmware project.