Importance of a fully charged battery

Post here to get support
tdubick
Beginner

Importance of a fully charged battery

Post by tdubick »

Folks,

Hi, I am a school teacher and we have 17 quadcopters. We have noticed that the quads that are not fully charged seem to have a greater problem connecting to the client. We are using the virtual machine since we can't get the windows client to work. Is this true?

Thanks,
Tom
arnaud
Bitcraze

Re: Importance of a fully charged battery

Post by arnaud »

Difference of connection quality depending of the battery charge is not something we have observed. What datarate are you using? 250K is usually more sensitive and 2M provides a more solid connection.

Can you tell me more about the problems to run the Windows client? What windows are you using and what problem did you have?
tdubick
Beginner

Post by tdubick »

I am running Windows 1O and using a virtual machine. I can use the virtual machine control the quadcopter, however, I can NOT update the quadcopters. My device manager shows the radio and my game controller.

Thanks,
Tom
arnaud
Bitcraze

Post by arnaud »

Hi Tom,

I am the main developer behind the Windows build of the Crazyflie client, so I am very interested about what did not work for you with the Windows build of the client, could you tell me what you installed and what was not working?

As for the problem updating, can you describe a little bit the process you follow to flash and where it does not work?
tdubick
Beginner

Post by tdubick »

Hi,

I use the win32 driver and I was able to get pc client to work in terms controlling the drone. I am still trying to get the LOC nodes to update. I was able to install firmware once I used win32 instead of WinUSB. I have not been able to assign LOC nodes on my PC

Tom
arnaud
Bitcraze

Post by arnaud »

Thanks for the precision, so that means that the client is still working on Windows which is good (it has happend that the Windows build breaks when libs version are updated). I be leave we solved the node updated in an other thread.
tdubick
Beginner

Post by tdubick »

I was able to assign locations to each node. I just needed to wait about 15 second from when I wrote to the node and it changed red to when it went green.

Unfortunately, all the drones stilling flat show on the flight panel to be spinning. The blue dot is jumping all over LPS.

Thanks,
Tom