[SOLVED] Crazyradio Driver Install Problems on WinXP

Post here to get support
charliebravo
Beginner

[SOLVED] Crazyradio Driver Install Problems on WinXP

Post by charliebravo »

I'm trying to install the crazyradio driver for Win XP. I point the install wizard to the driver found at https://bitbucket.org/bitcraze/crazyrad ... driver.zip, but I get an error stating that the file cannot be found. See the following screenshot:
Crazyradio driver error
Crazyradio driver error
Any ideas on how to resolve this?
Thanks,
Clif
charliebravo
Beginner

Re: Crazyradio Driver Install Problems on WinXP

Post by charliebravo »

I followed the steps posted by cracklecrackle on reloading the CR firmware using the VM and it is successful until to the point of actually flashing the radio. I get:

Code: Select all

bitcraze@bitcraze-vm:~/projects/crazyradio-firmware/firmware$ cd ~/projects/crazyradio-firmware/usbtools/
bitcraze@bitcraze-vm:~/projects/crazyradio-firmware/usbtools$ sudo python nrfbootload.py flash ../firmware/bin/cradio.bin
[sudo] password for bitcraze:
Error: cannot found the nRF24LU1 bootloader!
I'm not sure why it cannot find the bootloader
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

Hmm, you shouldn't have to update the Crazyradio to get it working in XP and I'm not sure the updating is working on XP. I'm running XP on one of my computers without any problem. I can't try to replicate your problem right now but might tonight. You can try the libusb driver directly if you want: http://sourceforge.net/projects/libusb-win32/
charliebravo
Beginner

Post by charliebravo »

It seems that I got the driver to load after running Windows update and rebooting. I don't know what would have caused it to be able to recognize the driver files.