[SOLVED] Only see debug://0/0 when scanning for usb dongle

Post here to get support
jlevDev
Beginner

Post by jlevDev »

Hi,

I just got my crazyflie a couple of weeks ago and very excited to get developing with it. I'm on MACOSX and have installed all the dependencies using the instructions provided, but cannot see the radio uri after scanning in the cflclient? I was using a virtualenv at first and also installed all dependencies globally and no dice. I am now trying on a 2008 mac after trying with my new 2012 with usb3.0 where the two lights on the crazyradio would not turn off. The lights turn off after about half a second on the older machine so it appears to be working. I haven't tried the VM yet, so that my be an option. How can I check if its enumerated? I looked in System Information under USB, but didn't see anything pop up when I plugged in the crazyradio. Any guidance on a next step would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jason
zak
Beginner

Re: Only see debug://0/0 when scanning for usb dongle

Post by zak »

That's really odd. I use a MacBook Pro with 10.8.3 and if I plug in the dongle before opening System Information, I see the following:
SystemInfoUSB.png
What version of OS X is your older Mac running? I'd definitely recommend trying the VM if possible as it's worked pretty well for me so far.
jlevDev
Beginner

Re: Only see debug://0/0 when scanning for usb dongle

Post by jlevDev »

I'm running OSX 10.7.5. Actually I just looked in System Information and it does show up.
Screen Shot 2013-06-09 at 10.40.51 AM.png
Then I boot up the cfclient and its still not in the list? Any ideas?
Screen Shot 2013-06-09 at 10.42.29 AM.png
I will try the VM as well.

Thanks,

Jason
jlevDev
Beginner

Post by jlevDev »

I got everything working and now I see what the problem was. You have to turn the crazyflie on to see the radio://09/250 or radio://10/250. Silly me.... :roll: