Crazyradio PA is busy with a previous request on VM

Post here to get support
ricardo.halfeld
Beginner

Crazyradio PA is busy with a previous request on VM

Post by ricardo.halfeld »

Good evening,

I'm struggling to get the VM working as described in the tutorials. I have managed to install the Windows drivers and run the Crazyflie client successfully (on Windows). I have also had success with the example Python scripts. All that to say I believe I have all things set correctly on Windows.

However, when I open the VM on Virtualbox, things no longer work as suggested by the tutorials. With the Crazyradio PA connected, I click the USB icon on the bottom right of the VM screen and try to select the Crazyradio PA to no avail.

usb list.jpg

I get the following message:

error message.jpg

When I run

Code: Select all

lsusb
the Crazyradio doesn't show. It is only when I select the Generic USB2.0-CRW in the USB list on the bottom right of the VM screen that I find something, though it doesn't really resolve the issue.

generic shows.jpg

I haven't found another case reflecting the same conditions of this issue, but I'm also not experienced with virtual machines or even Linux for that matter, so I'm sorry if you already solved this one. I appreciate your input.

Thanks!
tobias
Bitcraze

Re: Crazyradio PA is busy with a previous request on VM

Post by tobias »

To me it sounds like something in windows is still using the Crazyradio PA. Could that be it?
ricardo.halfeld
Beginner

[SOLVED] Crazyradio PA is busy with a previous request on VM

Post by ricardo.halfeld »

Good call.

Indeed restarting the computer and opening the VM before anything else allowed the VM to connect to the Crazyradio PA. Thanks for the suggestion.

Any further suggestions on how to find what is using the dongle if it ever happens again?