Can't connect to radio via x86 windows 7 usb2

Post here to get support
badomens
Beginner

Can't connect to radio via x86 windows 7 usb2

Post by badomens »

Hi,

I installed the latest drivers as specified here http://wiki.bitcraze.se/projects:crazyr ... stall_win7. It appears with no conflicts in the device manager.

I then installed the latest client, switched on the crazyflie and attempted to connect. However nothing happened. The scan returned immediately with just the debugdriver and the LEDs on the radio did not do anything (apart from the brief moment they go on when you plug it in).

I then downloaded the VM and updated the radio firmware to 0.51. This ran without incident.

I tried the client again, but got the same result, just an instant return with the debug driver. Since then I've tried reinstalling the client, multiple reboots and also running the crazyflie via USB power and battery. However Nothing seems to make a difference

Is the radio broken or the crazyflie?

Any idea how I can get this resolved? or any additional tests?
tobias
Bitcraze

Re: Can't connect to radio via x86 windows 7 usb2

Post by tobias »

If the Crazyradio doens't blink with the red led when you press the connect button somthing isn't fully working with the driver. Have you tried connecting to it with the VM?
badomens
Beginner

Post by badomens »

As I said, I was able to flash it with the new 0.51 firmware via the VM. This ran without incident from the vm console. I thought this might have meant the USB driver was working correctly (though I must confess I don't know how the VM interacts with the usb of the actual machine and it's drivers).

Is there other commands that I can run from the VM to check if radio and flie are working then?
marcus
Bitcraze

Post by marcus »

Have a look at the VM page on the wiki, there's instructions on how to update to the latest client. After doing that just pass the Crazyradio to the VM, start the client, start the Crazyflie and scan. Then you should be able to connect to the found Crazyflie and see that it's sending data back to the client.

In order for the radio to work in the VM the driver doesn't have to be installed or work in the Windows 7. If the scan procedure returns directly (without the red LED blinking on the Crazyradio) then it's a driver problem. When the cfclient queries the library for scanning of Crazyflies it will return directly if no dongle is found.
badomens
Beginner

Post by badomens »

away on business at the moment, but will give it a try on Friday. Thanks for the advice.