Too many packets lost error

Post here to get support
bitcrazy
Beginner

Too many packets lost error

Post by bitcrazy »

I managed assemble the crazyflie and setup the controller and install the client software on MacBook Pro and it seems to work fine for a while. But after a while I end up getting the error "Too many packets lost" and the client disconnects. Sometimes I have to turn the crazyflie off and on again to reconnect. Any idea whats wrong?

Here is the full error message:

ERROR:cflib.crazyflie.toc:Got packet that was not on TOC channel, TOC fetch will probably not succeed
WARNING:cflib.crazyflie:Got link error callback [Too many packets lost] in state [2]
INFO:cflib.crazyflie:Callback->Disconnected from [radio://0/10/250K]

Cheers
foosel
Expert

Re: Too many packets lost error

Post by foosel »

It might be Wifi that is interfering. You could try the following: using the bootloader, switch your Crazyflie to using 1M instead of 250K bandwidth:
Greenshot_2013-05-31_17-48-30.png
Also: AR.Drone 2.0 (RC-enabled thanks to self-soldered MiruMod) and Hubsan X4 H107
bitcrazy
Beginner

Post by bitcrazy »

Still the same error should I try with 2M?

<cfclient.ui.widgets.rtplotwidget.PlotDataSet instance at 0x11b9d91b8>
<cfclient.ui.widgets.rtplotwidget.PlotDataSet instance at 0x11b9d0b48>
<cfclient.ui.widgets.rtplotwidget.PlotDataSet instance at 0x11b9da170>
INFO:cflib.crazyflie.log:Have successfully logging for block=170
WARNING:cflib.crazyflie:Got link error callback [Too many packets lost] in state [2]
INFO:cflib.crazyflie:Callback->Disconnected from [radio://0/10/1M]
INFO:cflib.crazyflie:Callback->Connectionl ost to [radio://0/10/1M]: Too many packets lost
foosel
Expert

Post by foosel »

Hm, no, then it's probably something different I guess... Maybe someone else has a better idea, sorry.
Also: AR.Drone 2.0 (RC-enabled thanks to self-soldered MiruMod) and Hubsan X4 H107
atomicdog
Expert

Post by atomicdog »

Changing the channel is more important (then bandwidth) when trying to avoid interference from WiFi.
You may need to try a few different channels.
6-DOF CF | wireless xbox 360 controller
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

Is the distance making a big difference? If you connect to it just beside the Crazyradio or 10m away? It could be because of this issue. We have also seen a case of a bad quality duck antenna. If it makes no big difference with or without the Crazyradio antenna it could be that.
smiler

Post by smiler »

I'm having exactly the same problem. I rarely get more than a minute or two of flight time before it drops. Sometimes it's just a matter of seconds and sometimes I need to reboot the flie. I thought this was normal until I saw people saying they fly around 10s of meters away and running through full packs.

Distance doesn't really matter, I've tried changing the antenna (albeit to a larger one) and I've messed around *a lot* with channels and bitrate without making any real progress. However I just got myself and an ESKY transmitter and using that (bypassing the crazyradio) I have no problems at all. So something is up with the radio or the PC software.
marcus
Bitcraze

Post by marcus »

smiler wrote:I'm having exactly the same problem. I rarely get more than a minute or two of flight time before it drops. Sometimes it's just a matter of seconds and sometimes I need to reboot the flie. I thought this was normal until I saw people saying they fly around 10s of meters away and running through full packs.

Distance doesn't really matter, I've tried changing the antenna (albeit to a larger one) and I've messed around *a lot* with channels and bitrate without making any real progress. However I just got myself and an ESKY transmitter and using that (bypassing the crazyradio) I have no problems at all. So something is up with the radio or the PC software.
Do you have the Bitcraze VM? If so it would be interesting to know if you get better results using it than running directly in Windows.
smiler

Post by smiler »

marcus wrote:
smiler wrote:I'm having exactly the same problem. I rarely get more than a minute or two of flight time before it drops. Sometimes it's just a matter of seconds and sometimes I need to reboot the flie. I thought this was normal until I saw people saying they fly around 10s of meters away and running through full packs.

Do you have the Bitcraze VM? If so it would be interesting to know if you get better results using it than running directly in Windows.
I tried it under OSX and it was the worst experience so far, but that might be attributed to VMware, not sure... Between OSX and Windows the behavior is about the same.
BillyBag2

Post by BillyBag2 »

I had a related issue. Under the VM on a linux host the PC client started to time out when the PS3 controller was plugged in. With the controller unplugged or using the client directly on the Host linux with the controller was fine. In my case, the errors were not directly hardware related.