Cannot open Crazyradio [Errno 40] [Win7 x64]

Post here to get support
SkyyPunk
Beginner

Cannot open Crazyradio [Errno 40] [Win7 x64]

Post by SkyyPunk »

I am having an issue getting my CR to work in Windows (Win7 x64). I installed the driver for it (and it shows up fine in device manager) but CFClient doesn't attempt to scan - it immediately returns just the debug device. I grabbed the latest CFClient code and ran it directly and it says:
radio: Cannot open Crazyradio. Permission problem? ([Errno 40] Operation not supported or unimplemented on this platform)
Oddly I can pass it through to the VM and it will work there (detects the CF after a second or so of scanning). From the VM I upgraded the firmware to .51 and then tried different USB2 and USB3 ports, but no go... Any ideas?
SkyyPunk
Beginner

Re: Cannot open Crazyradio [Errno 40] [Win7 x64]

Post by SkyyPunk »

I tried setting this up on another desktop (also Win7 x64), but sadly I get the same results :( Any ideas?
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

Unfortunately, no ideas, and I don't have access to a win7 x64 PC :(
foosel
Expert

Post by foosel »

I have, and it works fine on my end. User account is enabled for administrator access and I just followed the instructions on the wiki.

If there's anything I can do to help debug this, give me a shout.
Also: AR.Drone 2.0 (RC-enabled thanks to self-soldered MiruMod) and Hubsan X4 H107
marcus
Bitcraze

Post by marcus »

I tested this as well and I didn't have any issues. Could you try starting the cfclient as administrator and see if there's any difference?
SkyyPunk
Beginner

Post by SkyyPunk »

Running as administrator was a no go - same result (both downloaded/installed client and native python client). I tried compiling the client to see if that was the issue but get this error:
S:\files\Crazyflie\cfclient\crazyflie-pc-client>python setup.py py2exe
running py2exe
running build_py
copying lib\cfclient\version.py -> build\lib\cfclient
running build_scripts
*** searching for required modules ***
error: compiling 'S:\Python27\lib\site-packages\PyQt4\uic\port_v3\proxy_base.py' failed
SyntaxError: invalid syntax (proxy_base.py, line 31)
I read up on the py2exe documentation and as it suggested added some bits to the setup.py after making sure to copy the correct version DLLs to the directory listed:

Code: Select all

import sys
sys.path.append("C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\\VC\\redist\\x86\\Microsoft.VC90.CRT")
, ('Microsoft.VC90.CRT', glob.glob('C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\redist\x86\Microsoft.VC90.CRT\*.*')) #to the data_files array
I also copied the dlls to both the root dir (crazyflie-pc-client) and to where it says they should end up (dist/Microsoft.VC90.CRT). It results in the same error :(

And just to be sure, the install instructions you were referring to for the CR were just these, correct? http://wiki.bitcraze.se/projects:crazyr ... stall_win7

Thanks!
marcus
Bitcraze

Post by marcus »

Yes, those are the instructions that I followed. What Win7 are you using? Home? Was it the same version on both of the machines you tried?
SkyyPunk
Beginner

Post by SkyyPunk »

marcus wrote:Yes, those are the instructions that I followed. What Win7 are you using? Home? Was it the same version on both of the machines you tried?
They are all Win7 Pro x64 (from my MSDN account). Though you just gave me an idea...I will install Win7 Pro x86 in a VM tonight and set that up and see if it makes a difference
foosel
Expert

Post by foosel »

For the record: Win7 Pro x64 on my side, without issues.

Just to be on the safe side, does you driver setup look like this?
System_2013-06-06_23-18-30.png
Device Manager_2013-06-06_23-18-42.png
Device Manager_2013-06-06_23-19-20.png
Also: AR.Drone 2.0 (RC-enabled thanks to self-soldered MiruMod) and Hubsan X4 H107
SkyyPunk
Beginner

Post by SkyyPunk »

My drivers look the same:
crdrivers.PNG
I set up the x86 VM, passed through the CR and 360 controller, tried with the same Windows version of CFClient...and it worked fine :o So at this point it must be something with my x64 installs. I haven't had issues with it in the past, but maybe it is the driver signing. I set the options to disable but they wont take effect until next boot...I will try that tomorrow

Thanks again :D