Can't connect to CrazyRadio: "No backend available"

Post here to get support
Jens_Lee

Can't connect to CrazyRadio: "No backend available"

Post by Jens_Lee »

Hi

I'm a happy new owner of a CF and butt while I was messing around with it tonight, it the CFClient suddenly stopped being able to connect. The prompt gives me when i scan:

Code: Select all

INFO:cflib.drivers.cfusb:Looking for devices....
WARNING:cflib.crtp.usbdriver:Exception while scanning for Crazyflie USB: No backend available
I'm on Win10, running the dongle with libusb-win32 and running the newest client, 2017.06.

It works in the WM, so it's def. not a hardware problem.

I've tried reinstalling the drivers, and reinstalling the client.
I was in the middle of installing Miniconda when it broke, but can't figure why that would be a problem?

Gonna try and mess around some more, but if anyone has suggestions, that would be awesome.

/Jens
Jens_Lee

Re: Can't connect to CrazyRadio: "No backend available"

Post by Jens_Lee »

Just tried running the client from source, same result.
arnaud
Bitcraze

Post by arnaud »

Hi,
You could try to install the libUSBK driver instead of libusb32, sometime it has worked better.
If it broke when installing miniconda it could be that you broke the pyusb installation. You can maybe try to run it in a new fresh miniconda environment. You can also try to completely remove the driver from the device manager and re-install it.
Jens_Lee

Post by Jens_Lee »

arnaud wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:32 am Hi,
You could try to install the libUSBK driver instead of libusb32, sometime it has worked better.
If it broke when installing miniconda it could be that you broke the pyusb installation. You can maybe try to run it in a new fresh miniconda environment. You can also try to completely remove the driver from the device manager and re-install it.
Hi Arnaud, thanks for getting back.

I tries the libUSBK driver already, but that didn't change anything. The same for completely removing via device manager.
pip uninstalled and reinstalled aswell.

Going to try running in a new miniconda environment!

In the mean time I can work on the VM and i have a dedicated ubuntu laptop aswell. So it's no emergency.