Crazyradio PA v0.1 cannot update

Post here to get support
rohern
Beginner

Crazyradio PA v0.1 cannot update

Post by rohern »

I've got a Crazyradio PA with firmware version 0.1. I've walked through the firmware update steps on the bitcraze GitHub, but the script times out when it attempts to read from the Crazyradio.

Can anyone walk me through this? I can update the python script if anyone can point me to the right documentation. I would reflash it over SPI but I don't have a JTAG programmer.

Copy of the issue here:
https://github.com/bitcraze/crazyradio- ... /issues/33
arnaud
Bitcraze

Re: Crazyradio PA v0.1 cannot update

Post by arnaud »

Hi,

I answered the issue on github. As noted there there is no Crazyradio V0.1 so I am curious about where you read this version.

Programming via SPI does not require a jtag dongle but an SPI adapter, or anything that can talk spi (like the ftdi-based jtag dongle I used to use ... :). I have a prototype of an Arduino-based programmer that I have been meaning to finish so in the worst case if you erased your radio I could send you an arduino program (require a 3.3V arduino like the Zero, 101 or adafruit feather) that can reprogram your radio. You can also use a Raspberry pi to unlock a partially erased radio, it is part of the repos.
rohern
Beginner

Post by rohern »

Ah, I misread the part of the wiki about the Amontec JTAG.

I can get my hands on an Arduino tomorrow without issue. That would be a great help.

I mentioned in my GitHub response where I got that version number from. I inherited the Crazyradio PA from someone who may not have known what he was doing. It's possible he bricked it.
rohern
Beginner

Post by rohern »

Hi, Arnaud. I got my hands on a 3.3V Arduino. Let me know if you have the code posted anywhere. I'm going to work on my own version in the meantime.