Crazyradio will not connect under Ubuntu Linux

Post here to get support
jlar
Beginner

Crazyradio will not connect under Ubuntu Linux

Post by jlar »

I was able to connect to the radio initially, now I cannot get it to connect. The LEDs blink once when I attach it. Also, it shows up in `dmesg`:

Code: Select all

[  166.030444] usb 2-2.2: >new full-speed USB device number 7 using uhci_hcd
[  166.189735] usb 2-2.2: >New USB device found, idVendor=1915, idProduct=7777
[  166.189738] usb 2-2.2: >New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=29
[  166.189740] usb 2-2.2: >Product: Crazyradio USB Dongle
[  166.189741] usb 2-2.2: >Manufacturer: Bitcraze
[  166.189742] usb 2-2.2: >SerialNumber: 1D0C47DB47
However, it doesn't show up in the gui, and it doesn't show up when I scan for devices. Only the debug device shows up. Every time I scan for devices, I get this message on the console:

Code: Select all

INFO:cflib.crtp.radiodriver:v0.5 dongle with serial N/A found
Is the fact that the serial is showing as "N/A" a problem? BTW, I am running the client as root.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
marcus
Bitcraze

Re: Crazyradio will not connect under Ubuntu Linux

Post by marcus »

Hi,

Everything looks ok. The serial N/A is not a problem, getting the serial just isn't implemented yet in the client. What about the LEDs on the Crazyflie? Does the Crazyflie pass the self-test according to this description? Have you upgraded the firmware at any point?

Could you test if you can connect using the bootloader according to these instructions.

/Marcus
jlar
Beginner

Post by jlar »

All the LEDs light up according to the documents you mention. Both when connected to USB and when not.

I did update to the latest firmware.

I was not aware that the Crazyflie itself had to be powered on to be able to connect to the radio at all.

When the Crazyflie is powered on, I can connect to the radio. Unfortunately, it just pegs the throttle full on all motors and no gyro or motor status data is sent back to the client.
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

What are the joystick values that are showen in the "actual" text boxes in the flight tab?
Have you updated the Crazyflie firmware yet?