[SOLVED] CrazyFlie2 blue LED of death?

Post here to get support
tdurongphant
Beginner

[SOLVED] CrazyFlie2 blue LED of death?

Post by tdurongphant »

Hello,
So I received my Crazy Flie 2 this Christmas from my older sister. Its been sitting here for a few months now, I recently found out how much these nano drones must have cost her. So I finally got the chance to open it, However when I powered the CF, just Motor 2's LED lights up and there is a solid blue LED. If I continue to hold the power, MT 2 LED starts to blink And if I continue to press power once again, MT2 LED starts to flash.
I am not a developer, just trying to enjoy my Christmas gift from my sister. I need some help getting my crazyflie to flie.
tobias
Bitcraze

Re: CrazyFlie2 blue LED of death?

Post by tobias »

For some reason it doesn't seem to boot the main CPU. I have never seen this behavior before if the CF2 hasn't been flashed/updated. Did you perhaps update it with the iOS app and it went wrong? Then try again by holding down the button when you power it up until the blue M2 light starts to blink and update through the iOS app.
tdurongphant
Beginner

Post by tdurongphant »

The CF did connect to my android, and all the self test led suggest it had passed, but for some reason it still wouldn't fly. And I think I read on here that it wasn't compatible with the Samsung S5 , So I ordered the crazy radio PA. I plugged the radio into my computer and now the CF is stuck with the solid Blue LED. The radio itself has a red solid LED as well. Is that normal?
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

It is working with my GS6 so it should probably work with the GS5 as well. Just don't pair it using the bluetooth setting, just connect using the app.

The normal behavior is for the crazyradio to lit up the red and green led when plugged in and then quickly turn off. If the driver are installed and working the green led will blink when it communicates and the red when it doesn't manage to (drops packet). So is your red led constantly on?

As for the CF2 doesn't any other led then the blue M2 led light up? What happens if you power cycle it by pushing the on/off button?
tdurongphant
Beginner

Post by tdurongphant »

I downloaded the libusb-win32 driver for the Radio, using the Zadig app. The radio is listed as UNKNOWN USB DEVICE (DEVICE DESCRIPTOR REQUEST FAILED, Driver (NONE) ID 0000 0002 WCID x. The radio doesn't blink red or green, it's a solid red LED. Then Windows 10 spits out "DRIVER INSTALLATION FAILED".

My CF2 used to boot up fine, all test were good, motors were spinning. It would connect to my S5, but I just couldn't fly it. However ever since I got the radio. The CF2 stop functioning, it doesn't conduct its self test anymore. Plug it in, and there a solid blue LED, if i hold the power, it starts to blink slowly, then if i press and hold the power once more, the blue LED starts to blink a bit faster. From reading other posts I am able to get the CF2 into DFU mode. What do i need to do now? can someone point me in the right direction.
tdurongphant
Beginner

Post by tdurongphant »

I got my CF2 half working again! all LED are blinking, self test is good. However It still will not allow any OTA updates from either IOS or ANDRIOD via Bluetooth. But It does allow me to connect to it and fly it via bluetooth IOS.

Radio is still solid red...and my computer still doesn't see it.
derf
Expert

Post by derf »

The Android client does not yet support firmware updates via Bluetooth, but you should be able to update when you connect the Crazyradio to your Android device.
So far I don't know of any incompatibilities with the S5, so I'll need more details to isolate the problem.
The CF did connect to my android, and all the self test led suggest it had passed, but for some reason it still wouldn't fly.
Here is what should happen, when you try to connect your CF2 via Bluetooth on Android:
1. You click on the connect button (arrow up/arrow down icon)
2. The background of this button should turn blue (as in Bluetooth)
3. The connection LED on the CF should start flashing green rapidly.
4. When you (carefully!) push the thrust (default is the Y-axis of the right onscreen-joystick), the thrust value on the top increases, the motors should start spinning and it should lift off

If that is not the case, please describe what happens instead. LED not blinking? Are any on-screen messages (errors, etc) shown?
Have you tried connecting your CF to the Android device with the Crazyradio (via an USB host adapter)?

On your PC, did you plug-in your Crazyradio into a USB3 port by any chance? If so, please try a USB2 port. Otherwise you'll probably need to update the Crazyradio firmware (instructions can be found in the wiki).
tdurongphant
Beginner

Post by tdurongphant »

My CF2 is up and running, it's my radio that seems to be the problem. Windows10 doesn't recognized my radio, and it fails when i try to install the drivers. The radio doesn't have a boot sequence or anything, when i plug it in. Its just a solid red LED. it doesn't show up in VM, Windows, or Linux.
tdurongphant
Beginner

Post by tdurongphant »

I seem to be having the same issue as the post below.

[SOLVED] Crazyradio - USB device has malfunctioned
by saybeano » Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:04 am

How do I go about in getting a replacement? it was purchased in the last 30 days, I emailed Seed and they directed me here.?
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

I'll mark this as solved and answer you in the "[SOLVED] Crazyradio - USB device has malfunctioned" thread.