Two Crazyradios died over last two weeks

Post here to get support
yoshi
Beginner

Two Crazyradios died over last two weeks

Post by yoshi »

Hi,

I had two Crazyradios die in the span of the last few weeks. They don't show up as USB devices on two computers (one Linux in dmesg and lsusb, and one Windows 10 in USBview) and no LED flashes. They both worked previously on the same computers and other USB devices work on the same ports. I am wondering if there is some known point of failure or if there is something else I can try to debug the problem.

Thank you.
tobias
Bitcraze

Re: Two Crazyradios died over last two weeks

Post by tobias »

Hi yoshi!

There have been a few cases where the diode D1 has come off, as it is close to the edge of the PCB. Please check if it is still there. It is just below the USB connector. Other then that no know HW problems so then it is probably software issue.
chad
Expert

Post by chad »

yoshi wrote:I am wondering if there is some known point of failure[...]
Sorry to hear about your trouble.

I have 2 Crazyradios and 1 Crazyradio PA and have not had any problem with them over the last couple years. I even accidentally discharged some static into one when picking it up this last winter and it still works great! Amazing.
Crazyflier - my CF journal...
4x Crazyflie Nano (1.0) 10-DOF + NeoPixel Ring mod.
3x Crazyflie 2.0 + Qi Charger and LED Decks.
Raspberry Pi Ground Control.
Mac OS X Dev Environment.
Walkera Devo7e, ESky ET6I, PS3 and iOS Controllers.
littleuser
Beginner

Post by littleuser »

Hello!
I have a similar situation :oops: . Nothing in lsusb and no led flashes...
But dmesg displays many
device descriptor read/64, error -110
device descriptor read/8, error -110
unable to enumerate USB device
and in windows i have
USB\VID_0000&PID_0000\5&C2A5B48&0&1
I tried to use your distribution for raspberry pi 2, but the result did not get.
Bus pirate and https://github.com/koolatron/buspirate_nrf24lu1p be able to help?
Please tell me in what way I could do that, that-be in the future, I did not do it again.
Thank you!
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

As you don't get any LED flashes I suspect the power has failed. Have you checked that diode D1 is still there. Located just below the USB connector.
littleuser
Beginner

Post by littleuser »

D1 in situ. http://i.imgur.com/891IfeB.jpg
Later I will try to find a multimeter to check d1.
Wait. Now I noticed some very dim green light when pulled out from usb, but only 1 time, I tried to do it again but it does not work.
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

@littleuser

The board you posted a picture from seems to be a clone. I would guess it is a power failure. Check if you get 3.3V at pin 5 on the expansion port. Schematics here.
Mitteau
Expert

Post by Mitteau »

tobias wrote:Hi yoshi!

There have been a few cases where the diode D1 has come off, as it is close to the edge of the PCB. Please check if it is still there. It is just below the USB connector. Other then that no know HW problems so then it is probably software issue.

I had exactly the same problem. Diod D1 fly away for unknown reason, perhaps a small chock. I replaced it with a bit of wire soldered n the same place. Looks a bit dangerous in case of expansion deck ?

Regards

Jean-Claude