CrazyRadio PA scans for CrazyFlies but cannot connect

Post here to get support
Chris Hennes
Beginner

CrazyRadio PA scans for CrazyFlies but cannot connect

Post by Chris Hennes »

I work for a library system that owns ten CrazyFlie 2.0s and ten CrazyRadio PAs. The quadcopters all work great, and nine of the CrazyRadios do, too. But the last radio dongle shows that it can see the CrazyFlie I am trying to connect to, but when I try to actually connect to it I get:
ERROR:cflib.crazyflie:Couldn't load link driver: Cannot find a Crazyradio Dongle
If I plug in a different dongle it connects and flies just fine, so it's definitely the radio that's the issue here. I tried to flash it with a new firmware, but in the first step when I try to switch it into bootloader mode, I get "Error! bootloader not started". I don't know where to go from here. Any suggestions?
Chris Hennes
CTC Assistant, Norman Public Library
Pioneer Library System
arnaud
Bitcraze

Re: CrazyRadio PA scans for CrazyFlies but cannot connect

Post by arnaud »

Hi,

What operating system are you using? If linux it would be useful to see the output of 'dmesg' when connecting the Crazyradio.
Chris Hennes
Beginner

Post by Chris Hennes »

Windows 10, unfortunately. I've got Cygwin installed, but I've never tried using the Crazyradio from there.
Chris Hennes
CTC Assistant, Norman Public Library
Pioneer Library System
arnaud
Bitcraze

Post by arnaud »

Can you see the dongle in the device manager? If so could you PM the serial number to me?

To get the serial number you can follow this documentation (it is written for Crazyflie but the procedure is similar for Crazyradio): https://wiki.bitcraze.io/projects:crazy ... al#windows