Install new Firmware on Crazyflie 1.0

Post here to get support
crypt
Beginner

Install new Firmware on Crazyflie 1.0

Post by crypt »

Hi,

I have trouble getting the new client (I haven't used Crazyflie for a while) working with Crazyflie 1.0. On github they said, it might be a problem with the old firmware and the new python client.

So I compiled the firmware from github and have lying around the cf1.bin file now. When I follow the instructions of flushing it to the bird, I struggle on the connection part already. The wiki states:

- Turn it off
- Open the Connect -> Bootloader menu
- Turn on Crazyflie again
- Wait for 5 seconds until it connects
-> flush the file

Unfortunately, it doesn't connect in this time window and timeouts. Is this a problem that I try to flush a old firmware with the new software?

When I go the route in the UI via Connect -> Configure 1.0, it connects, but I get the message "can't convert byte array object to str implicitly" and can't program it this way either. The status remains "reading config block". By clicking again on "initialize bootloader cold boot", it states the link is already open.

How can I fix this issue?

Thanks!
arnaud
Bitcraze

Re: Install new Firmware on Crazyflie 1.0

Post by arnaud »

Hi,

Welcome in the Forum, it was me on Github :).

What version of the client are you using and on which system. What you see with configure 1.0 is a bug (and could be reported on Github actually ;)).

Are you clicking on "initiate bootloader cold boot" in the bootloader config box?

I suspect you are hitting a bug that prevented flashing the Crazyflie 1 with the latest client: https://github.com/bitcraze/crazyflie-c ... dd74684fd1

If so you can try to use a slightly older client (2015.08) or the very latest from the git repos (if you run from source).