Can not connect to radio

Post here to get support
surajr008
Beginner

Can not connect to radio

Post by surajr008 »

I have installed the PC client and the radio drivers. (I am using windows 7 x32) The drivers seem to have installed well but no lights on the radio flash when plugged into USB. After pressing "Connect" in the client GUI I press "scan" but the only thing that shows up is "debug://0/0- Debug Driver for UI testing."

The copter spins all four rotors initially and then the red light goes from 1Hz to 2Hz, blue light is steady on, and green light is off.

Any ideas? I need to play with it tonight! =)
tobias
Bitcraze

Re: Can not connect to radio

Post by tobias »

Watch the radio dongle when you press connect in the client. Does it blink with the red led? If it doesn't it hasn't been installed correctly.
marcus
Bitcraze

Post by marcus »

Hi,
surajr008 wrote:...The drivers seem to have installed well but no lights on the radio flash when plugged into USB ...
When you plug in the Crazyradio the red/green LED should light up shortly and then turn off again. Is this not happening? Are you using an USB-hub without external power?

/Marcus
surajr008
Beginner

Post by surajr008 »

marcus wrote:When you plug in the Crazyradio the red/green LED should light up shortly and then turn off again. Is this not happening? Are you using an USB-hub without external power?
Marcus, yes the red and green lights come on for roughly 1s and then shut off. Yes the USB hubs supply power. I tested it by charging my phone. I am using an Asus Zenbook Prime. If I go into Device Manager the "Crazyradio USB Dongle" seems to be operating fine.

tobias wrote:Watch the radio dongle when you press connect in the client. Does it blink with the red led? If it doesn't it hasn't been installed correctly.
Tobias, no it does not blink when I press connect. Do you think it is a problem with the client installation or the radio firmware? I have not updated the firmware yet.
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

It sounds like a driver problem. Have you installed the windows driver?
surajr008
Beginner

Post by surajr008 »

Yes, I installed the drivers. I'm thinking 'pyusb' might not have installed properly.
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

I'm thinking 'pyusb' might not have installed properly.
Yes that might be it. Have you managed to solve the problem?
surajr008
Beginner

Post by surajr008 »

No, unfortunately not yet. I will try it on a different computer after a complete reinstall.
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

Crazyradio on Widows 7 64bit seems tricky. Have you looked at some of the other post in the Crazyradio support forum?

By the way I'm moving it to the Crazyradio support as it fits better there.
marcus
Bitcraze

Post by marcus »

Did you use the installer to install the Client or did you install all the dependencies yourself. If so, then could you test using the installer? You can downloaded it here.

/Marcus