[SOLVED] Crazyradio windows 7 driver not working

Post here to get support
franco
Beginner

[SOLVED] Crazyradio windows 7 driver not working

Post by franco »

I am experiencing the same issues explained in the following post.

http://forum.bitcraze.se/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1467

As far as I understood it was not fully solved and I have searched through the forum for an answer with no success.

In my case, the usb crazyradioPA works well with the VM and also in windows with the last compiled client, but if I try to use the cfclient in windows 7 compiling from the source code, it doesn't detect the usb dongle. The client does not search for a connection and if I run the simple scan connection of the example an error saying not usb dongle detected pops out. I have followed from https://wiki.bitcraze.io/projects:crazy ... ls:install the tutorial to install in windows everything to work with source code and all python modules seem to work fine except for the dongle conection.

Any idea/advice on this?

Tried libusb and also libusbk asthe drivers, both work perfectly under the binary version of cfclient but no luck for the moment if compiling cfclient of sourcecode or any python example.

thanks in advance
Last edited by franco on Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
arnaud
Bitcraze

Re: Crazyradio windows 7 driver not working

Post by arnaud »

Hi,

I have had this problem with some version of pyusb. Can you try with pyusb-1.0.0a3?

If the compiled client works it means that your problem is your installed python libraries, not the usb driver (which zadig install).

Tell me if it works, then we can update the readme.
franco
Beginner

Re: Crazyradio windows 7 driver not working

Post by franco »

Hello Arnaud,

I have installed in python 2.7.10 the library pyusb 1.0.0a3 and downloaded the last cfclient from github available and now it works.

I have also tried with the pyusb 1.0.0rc1 and it seems to work too.

My current crazyradio driver is libusbK v3.0.7 installed from the zadig application.

I think as you suggested it was definetely a problem with the pyusb library. I have also tried with the examples provided in the source code of the cfclient and they work flawessly.

Thankyou very much for your support.
arnaud
Bitcraze

Re: [SOLVED] Crazyradio windows 7 driver not working

Post by arnaud »

Hi franco,

Happy that it is working and thank you for reporting the version that works! I will update the readme of the client so that it can help others.