Crazyradio PA problem (no green LED)

Post here to get support
Psichosix
Beginner

Crazyradio PA problem (no green LED)

Post by Psichosix »

I have been reading through all the posts to try and troubleshoot why my brand new CrazyRadio PA Rev B isn't working. I am having issues with the link connection between my CF 2.0 and my PC. This is both in the VM and the PC side. Like others if the CF is not next to the antenna the connection will drop out. The link quality bars seems to jump between 100% and 0% several times a second. I have tested for shorts on the CF and continuity and it all seems to check out. I finally found a post that may have shed some light. The green LED on my radio dongle doesn't light up. In fact I didn't even know there was a green LED until a read that. When plugging in or connecting to the CF there isn't even a blip of green on the dongle. Is there some way to test communication with the dongle? Does the green LED failure provide any insight?

I am running Win 7 on a 64 bit machine.

I welcome any advice to fix this in hopes to avoid waiting for a replacement or new order.
arnaud
Bitcraze

Re: Crazyradio PA problem (no green LED)

Post by arnaud »

Hi,

This looks like a firmware problem, your Crazyradio PA is likely running a Crazyradio (non PA) firmware and this causes the low range as it does not enable the power amplifier. To double check that you can look in the device manager, under libusb, the name of the Crazyradio dongle. If it is not "Crazyradio PA USB Dongle" you have the wrong firmware.

You can flash the right firmware from the virtual machine following these wiki instruction: http://wiki.bitcraze.se/projects:crazyradio:programming

If it was a wrong firmware and the Crazyradio came like that out of the box could you send me the serial number of it? either here or as private message in the forum, it will help us to know how this could have happen. To get the serial number execute this in a console in the virtual machine and copy-paste the full line:

Code: Select all

lsusb -v -d 1915:7777 | grep Serial