Error with nodejs/cylon/aerogel: LIBUSB_ERROR_IO

Post here to get support
Mr.Pe
Beginner

Error with nodejs/cylon/aerogel: LIBUSB_ERROR_IO

Post by Mr.Pe »

Hi all,

I have been trying to use my Crazyflie from javascript with no luck. I took the cylon-crazyflie npm package. When launching the sample code (from http://cylonjs.com/documentation/platforms/crazyflie ) I always receive this error:

Code: Select all

PS C:\etc> node .\test.js
I, [2014-12-23T12:12:47.951Z]  INFO -- : Initializing connections.
I, [2014-12-23T12:12:48.060Z]  INFO -- : Initializing devices.
I, [2014-12-23T12:12:48.060Z]  INFO -- : Starting connections.
STATE: setup --> connected

Error: LIBUSB_ERROR_IO
    at Device.usb.Device.controlTransfer (C:\Users\gpe\Documents\perso\cf\node_modules\cylon-crazyflie\node_modules\aerogel\node_modules\usb\usb.js:100:18)
    at Crazyradio.usbSendVendor (C:\Users\gpe\Documents\perso\cf\node_modules\cylon-crazyflie\node_modules\aerogel\lib\crazyradio.js:259:14)
    at Crazyradio.setChannel (C:\Users\gpe\Documents\perso\cf\node_modules\cylon-crazyflie\node_modules\aerogel\lib\crazyradio.js:171:14)
    at Crazyradio.reset (C:\Users\gpe\Documents\perso\cf\node_modules\cylon-crazyflie\node_modules\aerogel\lib\crazyradio.js:137:14)
    at Crazyradio.setupRadio (C:\Users\gpe\Documents\perso\cf\node_modules\cylon-crazyflie\node_modules\aerogel\lib\crazyradio.js:126:14)
    at CrazyDriver.connect (C:\Users\gpe\Documents\perso\cf\node_modules\cylon-crazyflie\node_modules\aerogel\lib\crazydriver.js:136:20)
    at Copter.connect (C:\Users\gpe\Documents\perso\cf\node_modules\cylon-crazyflie\node_modules\aerogel\lib\copter.js:53:21)
    at Adaptor.doConnect (C:\Users\gpe\Documents\perso\cf\node_modules\cylon-crazyflie\lib\adaptor.js:41:15)
    at Adaptor.connect (C:\Users\gpe\Documents\perso\cf\node_modules\cylon-crazyflie\lib\adaptor.js:36:10)
    at C:\Users\gpe\Documents\perso\cf\node_modules\cylon\lib\robot.js:351:27
I am on Windows7x64 (tried on 2 different machines). The windows client is working as expected so I guess the drivers are installed correctly (I used the Zadig, the device manager is also saying everything is beautiful). The radio is also working on Android (Thanks for the app, it's working like a charm!).

Did anyone use these libraries recently? Should i make a firmware update? (I have the original radio, not the new 2.0)
arnaud
Bitcraze

Re: Error with nodejs/cylon/aerogel: LIBUSB_ERROR_IO

Post by arnaud »

Hi,

I have no experience with CylonJS but there has been no change in the firmware USB interface for a while. What version of the radio firmware do you have, there has been some USB fix in version 0.52 so, even if it is unlikely in your case, it could cause some problem to run earlier version.