[SOLVED] Debugdriver for UI testing

Post here to get support
tobias
Bitcraze
Posts: 1911
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:17 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: Debugdriver for UI testing

Post by tobias » Mon May 06, 2013 1:57 pm

Have you tried connecting to the bootloader? http://wiki.bitcraze.se/projects:crazyf ... tils:qt_ui

When you press the connect button can you see the red LED on the Crazyradio blinking?



Vertikar
Beginner
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon May 06, 2013 1:33 pm

Re: Debugdriver for UI testing

Post by Vertikar » Mon May 06, 2013 2:04 pm

tobias wrote:Have you tried connecting to the bootloader? http://wiki.bitcraze.se/projects:crazyf ... tils:qt_ui

When you press the connect button can you see the red LED on the Crazyradio blinking?
When I try the bootloader I get [Errno 2] Entity not found
Image

When I press connect I don't get LEDs lighting up on the Radio.
They do light up when I initially plug it in though, then go out.

I can see the radio in Windows device manager though.

Image

panguitou
Beginner
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun May 05, 2013 3:53 pm
Location: Méry sur Cher, France

Re: Debugdriver for UI testing

Post by panguitou » Mon May 06, 2013 2:44 pm

tobias wrote:Have you tried connecting to the bootloader? http://wiki.bitcraze.se/projects:crazyf ... tils:qt_ui

When you press the connect button can you see the red LED on the Crazyradio blinking?
Thank you Tobias, that's it ! I press on [Initiate Bootloader Cold Boot] in the Crazyflie/Bootloader menu and the red led blinked and I obtained a connection :

Image

then I clicked on [Cancel bootloading] to quit this window and then trying the button [Connect] here it is :

Image

It's working as well in root as in normal user mode and it flies !

Thanks so much everybody for your help and nice participation !
Jean-Marie

Vertikar
Beginner
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon May 06, 2013 1:33 pm

Re: [SOLVED] Debugdriver for UI testing

Post by Vertikar » Mon May 06, 2013 2:48 pm

Unfortunately still not working for me, even after trying to re-flash it.

Code: Select all

karl@home-pvr:~/bitcraze-crazyradio-firmware-bab1f83ad9b1/usbtools$ sudo python nrfbootload.py flash ../firmware/bin/cradio.bin
Found nRF24LU1 bootloader version 18.0
Flashing:
  Flashing 5913 bytes...
Flashing done!
Verifying:
  Reading ../firmware/bin/cradio.bin...
  Reading 5913 bytes from the flash...
Verification succeded!
That said I can still see it in windows and linux so I don't think I made it any worse..

panguitou
Beginner
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun May 05, 2013 3:53 pm
Location: Méry sur Cher, France

Re: [SOLVED] Debugdriver for UI testing

Post by panguitou » Mon May 06, 2013 3:06 pm

Vertikar wrote:Unfortunately still not working for me, even after trying to re-flash it.
On my side, I did'nt re-flash, I just clicked the [Initiate bootloader cold boot] and that was enough to initiate the connection..

Anyway it's now working and I even had my (very short) maidden flight :)

Here is the console tab :

Image

Thanks again !
Jean-Marie

Vertikar
Beginner
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon May 06, 2013 1:33 pm

Re: [SOLVED] Debugdriver for UI testing

Post by Vertikar » Mon May 06, 2013 3:08 pm

panguitou wrote:
Vertikar wrote:Unfortunately still not working for me, even after trying to re-flash it.
On my side, I did'nt re-flash, I just clicked the [Initiate bootloader cold boot] and that was enough to initiate the connection..

Anyway it's now working and I even had my (very short) maidden flight :)

Here is the console tab :

Image

Thanks again !
Glad you got yours working at least :)

Vertikar
Beginner
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon May 06, 2013 1:33 pm

Re: [SOLVED] Debugdriver for UI testing

Post by Vertikar » Mon May 06, 2013 3:17 pm

Any more suggestions Tobias?

Post Reply