[SOLVED] Debugdriver for UI testing

Post here to get support
panguitou
Beginner

[SOLVED] Debugdriver for UI testing

Post by panguitou »

Hi everybody !

I'm a newbie and I just received my Crazyflie yesterday !
When I try to make a connection the scan give me the following reply :

debug://0/0 - Debugdriver for UI testing

I have search through all the wiki and forum but no luck !

It seems that it probably needs to change the wifi channel, but no idea how to do that ...

Can somebody help please, thanks in advance !

My config :
Windows Vista SP2
Cfclient version: 2013.4.1
System: win32
Attachments
log_connection.zip
Log of my attempt of connection
(1.1 KiB) Downloaded 335 times
Last edited by panguitou on Mon May 06, 2013 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jean-Marie
arnaud
Bitcraze

Re: Debugdriver for UI testing

Post by arnaud »

This is a debug link and will always be displayed in addition to detected copters.

From the Log it seems that the radio dongle was not connected or installed when the client is launched. If the radio is connected properly when clicking the "scann" button "scanning" will be displayed for about a second and the Red LED of Crazyradio will lit.

Check that Crazyradio is well installed by following http://wiki.bitcraze.se/projects:crazyr ... stall_win7
panguitou
Beginner

Post by panguitou »

arnaud wrote:This is a debug link and will always be displayed in addition to detected copters.

From the Log it seems that the radio dongle was not connected or installed when the client is launched. If the radio is connected properly when clicking the "scann" button "scanning" will be displayed for about a second and the Red LED of Crazyradio will lit.

Check that Crazyradio is well installed by following http://wiki.bitcraze.se/projects:crazyr ... stall_win7
Thanks for your reply Arnaud !
It seems that's the dongle driver is correctly installed, at least it appears in the device manager ...
I will investigate and re-install the device...
i'll let you know ...
Jean-Marie
alex
Expert

Re: Problems installing PyUSB and running CF PC Client

Post by alex »

I've got a similar issue:

http://forum.bitcraze.se/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=95

In my case, it's propably a problem with the Crazyradio driver. We will see.
panguitou
Beginner

Post by panguitou »

Hi,
I finally installed again the dongle driver and the PC client but no joy !

The dongle seems to be correctly installed :

and working

but I still get the same result :

The 2 red and green leds blink once and then vanish ... all my usb ports are class 2 ...

Any idea ?
Jean-Marie
panguitou
Beginner

Post by panguitou »

Hi everybody !

being not happy with Windows Vista I decided to make a brand new installation under Linux Ubuntu 12.04 which is the system I'm using everyday.

SAME PROBLEM !

INFO:cfclient.cfclient:Disabling STL printouts
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "gtk-vector-screenshot"
INFO:cfclient.utils.config:Dist config read from /home/jean-marie/cfclient-2013.4.1/lib/cfclient/configs/config.json
INFO:cfclient.utils.config:Config file read from [/home/jean-marie/cfclient-2013.4.1/lib/../conf/config.json]
INFO:cfclient.utils.input:Parsing [xbox360_mode1.json]
INFO:cfclient.utils.input:Parsing [Generic_OS_X.json]
INFO:cfclient.utils.input:Parsing [PS3_Mode_1.json]
INFO:cfclient.utils.input:Parsing [PS3_Mode_2.json]
INFO:cfclient.utils.logconfigreader:Parsing [stabalizer.json]
INFO:cfclient.ui.tabs.FlightTab:Changed flightmode to Normal
INFO:cflib.crtp.radiodriver:v0.5 dongle with serial N/A found

The dongle is found but the radio is not displayed :

The dongle (1915:7777 Nordic Semiconductor ASA) is well recognized in the usb devices list :

Does it mean that my radio dongle is not working ?
It's pretty annoying isnt'it ?

EDIT : a positive point at least :-) It is much easier to use a PS3 paddle under linux, it's completly plug and play, on the contrary it is much more complicated under vista and the use of additional applications such as MotionJoy which is not really satisfactory !
Jean-Marie
foosel
Expert

Post by foosel »

Does it show up if you run the client as root (not just via sudo, but really as root)? I had that issue at first on my Pi (although I added the UDEV rule, haven't investigated further yet why that didn't work), but when starting the client under root the radio showed up perfectly fine.
Also: AR.Drone 2.0 (RC-enabled thanks to self-soldered MiruMod) and Hubsan X4 H107
Vertikar
Beginner

Post by Vertikar »

panguitou wrote:Hi everybody !

being not happy with Windows Vista I decided to make a brand new installation under Linux Ubuntu 12.04 which is the system I'm using everyday.

The dongle (1915:7777 Nordic Semiconductor ASA) is well recognized in the usb devices list :

Does it mean that my radio dongle is not working ?
It's pretty annoying isnt'it ?

EDIT : a positive point at least :-) It is much easier to use a PS3 paddle under linux, it's completly plug and play, on the contrary it is much more complicated under vista and the use of additional applications such as MotionJoy which is not really satisfactory !
I'm having the exact same issue, did you get anywhere with yours?
Doesn't show up under Win 7 client, but haven't tried it on a Linux GUI as yet.
panguitou
Beginner

Post by panguitou »

foosel wrote:Does it show up if you run the client as root (not just via sudo, but really as root)? I had that issue at first on my Pi (although I added the UDEV rule, haven't investigated further yet why that didn't work), but when starting the client under root the radio showed up perfectly fine.
Thank you, nice attempt !

No sorry even as root it fails, I also added the rule in udev and the user already exists in plugdev :

I also tested as administrator under vista : no joy !
Jean-Marie
Vertikar
Beginner

Post by Vertikar »

panguitou wrote:
foosel wrote:Does it show up if you run the client as root (not just via sudo, but really as root)? I had that issue at first on my Pi (although I added the UDEV rule, haven't investigated further yet why that didn't work), but when starting the client under root the radio showed up perfectly fine.
Thank you, nice attempt !

No sorry even as root it fails, I also added the rule in udev and the user already exists in plugdev :

I also tested as administrator under vista : no joy !
Damn, I'm wondering if our radios are missing the firmware or something similar. Looking at other threads it looks like the radio should show up as Crazyradio, rather than Nordic..