android client app

Firmware/software/electronics/mechanics
panguitou
Beginner

Re: android client app

Post by panguitou »

Hi everybody,
I have tested both the apk of foosel and atomicdog, here is my humble feedback :
First I tried with my Nexus S phone but the Crazyradio is not working/recognized no led blinking at all ... (any idea ?)
then I tried with success on my Nexus 7 tablet, when plugging in the Crazyradio is recognized and the red led is flashing, the green one on the CF is flashing too :D
- foosel is using channel 10
- atomicdog channel 107 so it needs to be changed in the bootloader ...
I found very difficult to pilot with the both applications.. the tablet is pretty heavy and not that convenient.
Atomic, I've not the feeling that the accelerometers are well working as I have not been able to fly more than a few seconds before crashing into the furniture !

Anyway, that's a good start and I'm looking forward the further developments !

Keep on and thank you for this good job !
Jean-Marie
DesTinY

Post by DesTinY »

SuperDave42 wrote:Might be able to get the 6Axis app on Android to map the PS3 controler analog sticks to the touch screen over BT and have the PS3 controller actually manipulate the Android CrazyFlie app. :shock:

Dave
First... Yes it is possible to use the PS3 controller as input device for the Android App! :D But no solution from my side until now :(
It should work via Bluetooth and USB Cable as well. The Problem is that PS3 controller via Bluetooth just works on rooted Android devices (warranty lost).
So I tried to use the CrazyRadio dongle, the PS3 controller(USB) and a USB Hub with a OTG adapter with my Galaxy S3 (yes looks so strange like it sounds :lol: ) but worked without root!
I found a game where the PS3 controller(over USB Hub) works and the CrazyRadio dongle works over USB Hub, too.
A have found some interesting in the Android API and it is a feature since Android 3.1:
Google :lol: wrote:Support for joysticks and gamepads

To make the platform even better for gaming, Android 3.1 adds support for most PC joysticks and gamepads that are connected over USB or Bluetooth HID.

For example, users can connect PlayStation®3 and Xbox 360® game controllers over USB (but not Bluetooth), Logitech Dual Action™ gamepads and flight sticks, or a car racing controller. Game controllers that use proprietary networking or pairing are not supported by default, but in general, the platform supports most PC-connectible joysticks and gamepads.
http://developer.android.com/about/vers ... ights.html

Should not be so difficult to implement gamepad support in the Crazy Android Client App! Or what do you think?!

EDIT: Found a How-To: http://docs.nvidia.com/tegra/data/How_T ... llers.html
Babar Ali
Beginner

Post by Babar Ali »

HI:Actually i want to make it sure that android app of crazyfile can be modified or not.Because i want to get video on my mobile by mounting camera on quadcopter.please help me out.
arnaud
Bitcraze

Post by arnaud »

Hi,

The Crazyflie android client source code is on Github: https://github.com/bitcraze/crazyflie-android-client.

What camera are you planning to attach to the Crazyflie?