[SOLVED] Headless client (for RasPi)

Firmware/software/electronics/mechanics
foosel
Expert

[SOLVED] Headless client (for RasPi)

Post by foosel »

Heyas,

just received my Crazyflie today and having a blast :D I was wondering whether you guys from Bitcraze could make the headless client as referred to from this post public somewhere? I'd love to turn one of my Raspberry Pis into a battery powered ground station and instead of starting from scratch with a custom headless client it would certainly help to get access to the existing approach :)

Cheers,
Gina
Last edited by foosel on Mon May 06, 2013 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Also: AR.Drone 2.0 (RC-enabled thanks to self-soldered MiruMod) and Hubsan X4 H107
marcus
Bitcraze

Re: Headless client (for RasPi)

Post by marcus »

Hi Gina,

The version we used to do this test was very old and didn't use any of our new APIs so we are working on re-writing it. A quick first draft is pushed on the dev-headless branch. It's still dependent on the QT framework but it's a console application. It's started by running cfheadless in the bin folder.

A few things to note since this is a very early version:
  • Still dependent on QT (the plan is to remove this very soon)
  • Not much error handling yet (the plan is to improve this)
  • Values are still hardcoded in the script (like mapping and URI for Crazyflie). They can be changed at the bottom in lib/cfheadless.py
  • The headless client will open the first input-device found (so don't plug more than one)
  • No good way to quit it yet so you will have to kill the process :oops:
We will try to put some more work into the headless client at the end of the week so check back then.

/Marcus
foosel
Expert

Re: Headless client (for RasPi)

Post by foosel »

Thanks, that sounds great, I'll give it a try tonight :)

edit

Try was successful, see here :D
Also: AR.Drone 2.0 (RC-enabled thanks to self-soldered MiruMod) and Hubsan X4 H107